Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
segrieb

"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic

segrieb
9 years ago

Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the poem, "Footprints in the Sand," so it is not an exclusive idea created by artists & artisans anymore. I am reminded of this poem whenever I walk on the beach, and symbolically, I think back of where I have been in my life, and from what direction I've come. As to where I am going, and in what new direction, who knows! It is interesting that this poem is claimed to have been written by no less than 3 women! It is inspiring, nevertheless!

This is my rendition - a Mixed-Media Mosaic on an 8"x8" wood frame. From fusible flesh-colored glass, I cut 5 soles (Souls!) and 25 toes, and fused them in my glass kiln. I have used flat & textured glass for the water and frame edges, and then added tiny rocks & sea shells, a sand dollar, a starfish and a piece of cobalt blue sea glass (lower right corner). The sand texture is grout. The tiny transparent rocks (the sea foam) were actually frosted glass stones, but when clear fingernail polish is applied, the stones become translucent.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors