Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

Butter cat

nicethyme
12 years ago

his real name was Butterscotch but now its morphed into Butter and most times Butt head... When I posted the koi pond on Contemporary Mosaic Art, I saw they have a challenge running till Jan and decided to give it a go. I'm going to transfer this to mirror afterwards (I couldn't get carbon paper to mark on the mirror itself

Comments (15)

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

a little more progress today but I've been bothered with a headache so I'm not sure if I'll get any further than this tonight

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Already I can see another - excuse the over-used term - but MASTERPIECE. Don't know how you do this, girlie. That eye looks so danged real. BTW - that's what my DD Suzie calls both her cats - BH.

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks Slow... now its getting tricky and I've gone back and remade pieces in different colors when I figure out whats wrong... I'm calling it quits for tonight.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Another overused but appropriate saying about your work: OVER THE TOP!!!!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lol, thanks Jane. I went really far yesterday and then felt like I had lost him, couldn't see his mouth or nose... so last night I reworked him a bit and am happier.. just I made his eye look too sweet so I need to redo that again..

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

WOW! Where is this going to live, you are going to keep this one aren't you? I think you should give it a Longer title...Butter Cat: You know Your Owner is a Mosaic Addict...when You start to Click Clack when you walk!...lol!

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

Another amazing piece!! Holy cow!! Beautiful...

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL @ Jane! thanks Cathy

well I changed his eye color all together and I think I had it worked out

then I went to use the mosaic sticky paper to transfer it to the mirror and bunches of pieces fell out, so now when I am in a better mood (hah) I'll have to rebuild the puzzle... argh

I can do this
    I can do this
    I can do this
    I can do this
    I can do this
    I can do this
    I can do this
    I can do this

• silvamae
    12 years ago

That is going to be superb. Love the new eye color. Keep the pictures coming, please!

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

This is an amazing piece.....love all the progress pics

• amerique2
    12 years ago

That is gorgeous! Love what you're doing.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

You are reminding me about the time I was getting back together with my hubby, and we had bought a house together and I was moving...I had carefully placed my peacock stained glass wip aside to move it to the car myself at the end of the move...well, hubby saw it and grabbed it by the sides and lifted...ya, 350 tiny pcs all slid to a pile in the middle of the paper...I couldn't even look at it for a yr!lol!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OMG Jane! UGH!!!!!!!!!!! I think you just made me feel better about tackling this.. since I know you did eventually finish your beautiful peacock

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

How's this going? I posted a big long paragragh on the Green Lady and it only came out the first word I said...this forum can be sooo annoying!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I haven't even touched him since the incident. Its still on my work bench so I haven't given up, just not ready and I keep planning other projects... like do the Green lady and I have my horse head sculpture in the works and I'm making concrete mushrooms and I just bought 2 glass tables today and... poor kitty..

Sponsored