Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisyme_gw

Fish Projects with pics

daisyme
15 years ago

I've been trying to get things complete for the Christmas show. Here's "Fish Story". I still have to glue it to a wood base and then glue the basket on. Then touch up the little tess color that rubbed off, but otherwise it's about done.

{{!gwi}}

And here's the 3-D fish grouted and painted. The paint isn't as bright as it shows on the photo. It was bouncing light outside from all sides. All I did this afternoon was lacqer the stones on the base.

{{!gwi}}

I'm so glad to have these about finished so I can take them. Hurrah!

Comments (11)

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Daisy, Congrats on getting everything done for the show. Where will it be?? The "fish story" is just incredible,every little details speaks, and it tells a whopper of a story!! LOL. it really is so so cool, and I have a feeling it will sell in a heartbeat. And the completed fishy, well, he looks so life like, and i love the rocky stand.

You did great girlie!!! Hope the show goes well and people loosen their pockets for you... these deserve to sell quickly.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

How beautiful and clever. The 3-D one looks just like a trout. Fish story is sooooo artistic. You have such a good imagination. Wonderfully creative.

• klinger
    15 years ago

Those just turned out so great, love both of them. I hope you have lots of success at the sale. I'd be tempted to keep the 3d one and put it in my yard, not sell it.
    cindy

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Good luck with your show!! And don't forget to HAVE FUN!!!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Great looking work my dear!
    Best of luck with the show.

• daisyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm free! The Christmas Fair was this weekend. It was smaller than anticipated (as they nearly always are at MY price point) with only 80-100 people who braved the cold blustery weather to come out, but I sold 4 pieces and made over $200.00, so I'm happy. Both Violet and the 3-D fish sold! The guy (I knew him) that bought the fish wanted it really bad but couldn't afford what I was asking. He told me he'd come back at the end of the day and if it was there, he'd make an offer. He offered $60.00, and I was delighted he got it. Violet brought me $50.00, so I'm happy as can be. The rest of the houses are going to the local florist's in the morning. Now I've got 19 days to get ready for our 2 month trip away! I'll be about 'til then. HAPPIEST OF HOLIDAYS everyone!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WhooHoo!!! They are truly wonderful pieces!!! And the fact that he came back...he sure wanted it!! So you KNOW it will be cherished! Mexico..here we come!!Yeehaw!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

WAY . TO . GO ., GIRLIE!!!!! So glad for you. Looking forward to meeting y'all in PV. My sis is going w/me.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Thats WONDERFUL Daisy, you must feel so good about the sales, extra money and making that one guy's day!!!

So you leave some of your work at a florist?? that is a great idea, and then they pay you when it sells??

Mexico , you girls have a fantastic time, and I wan to see lots of pix. Two months WHOA girl, that is some vacation!!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Thats WONDERFUL Daisy, you must feel so good about the sales, extra money and making that one guy's day!!!

So you leave some of your work at a florist?? that is a great idea, and then they pay you when it sells??

Mexico , you girls have a fantastic time, and I wan to see lots of pix. Two months WHOA girl, that is some vacation!!

• daisyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the fun comments, you guys. You all know how nice it is to sign on and read something upbeat and positive. Thanks!

Yes, I took 6 of the best houses I have left down to the local florist. There's alot going on about that though... She took my price cards that I had at the show last week because that's the prices she thought looked good (so no mark up for commission). Last year she told me a 20% commission to sell, this year she was stumbling around 50% and we never came to a conclusion before I left there. I'd only get around $32.00 a house at that and I just won't do them for that. Also, she and I have very different ideas about what I do. She wants shabby chick (sp), and for me to add raffia and birds eggs and birds. Or, she likes useable pieces and suggests I add a little dish for jewelry on the fronts. She can't imagine anyone buying something that just sits there without an express purpose. I always leave there rattled by her.

Well, I'll leave them til the 24th and then pick them up and find another way to market next year. I'd love some more to sell, and would truly love the money to spend, BUT!

On the positive side....YES! Slow, Calamity, Klinger and I are all going to be in Puerto Vallarta at the same time, so I'll have a chance to meet them all. Now, how fun is THAT?

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH