Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your favorite copper foil

Posted by mbhoneybee63 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 18:18

I have just finished my 7th (of 8) classes in "Learning the Art of Stained Glass". I am quite excited about this because I have for a few decades wanted to learn this. I have my little studio set up in my basement and have been doing a number of things on my own in between classes, just to practice. I will most assuredly be asking numerous questions over the next few months....but here is the first one. I have been using Venture copper foil in class, but found Brighton foil online for a little less money. I don't want to sacrifice quality for a bit of a difference in price but wondered what your favorites are and why. Thanks for the help! Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your favorite copper foil

Hi Melissa! And Welcome! I have only used Venture here where I live, they don't even have that other brand so can't give a comparison, but I can't see a big difference being done. I hope you post a few pictures of some of the stuff you have made. My first class, I made a window, very simple, and then a lamp...and I had gone and bought a bunch of "harder to cut" glass, not knowing what I was doing, but sure enjoy the whole process of learning about stained glass!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here