Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Table for Kate

texaswild
12 years ago

My DGD bought a toy ironing board last year when I took her antiquing in Jefferson. Said I could do anything I wanted w/it. W/absolutely no inspiration, this is all I could come up with. My DD says Kate doesn't have an entry table, so w/probably use it there under a couple art pieces that need anchoring. I put it next to a chair to show sizing.

Toy Ironing Board Table

Comments (12)

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Let's try that again.

Table

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

LOVE the agate slices ! It's just perfect ..... I can't think of a cuter table :)

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks TOOMUCH. I need new inspiration - little things don't inspire me anymore. PV trip on the horrizon, though, and I'll come back full of inspiration.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

LOL and that's what you can do with NO inspiration!? ahuh

its beautiful

• loribee2
    12 years ago

Wow, SLOW, that is an adorable table! Love the design with the colorful flowers. Your family is very lucky!

• silvamae
    12 years ago

That is so cute and colorful. Slow, are you finding that you want to work on larger and larger pieces? That is what I am going through right now. I want to mosaic a house, a wall, a giant mural ... I am moving away from smaller things. This is not good, since I have a garage full of small stuff waiting to be worked on.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, y'all. SILVA - I guess the reason small things don't interest me is that the house/walls are so full there is no room for anything else. That's why I started making garden art. It has become addicting. I do have one more project I have to make - don't know if there'll be time. Shea wants a light fixture for her patio. Every time she visits here, she mentions she needs to jazz up her patio. After her last visit she wrote that she was sitting in her swing she had installed on her patio, and noticed a nail in the wall and wondered if I had an idea what to put on it. Uh huh - only a million ideas. So - a patio sconce is my next project.

• silvamae
    12 years ago

That will be cool. And after that I bet you make some big piece of art for your garden.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

That is sooo adorable! I love it of course!!! I LOVE the agates you sent me!!! I love doing the GOG with them, my design ideas are certainly more"west coast", as your great ideas of flower centers! That is what I love about this forum! All the ideas that flow! I kinda mis the "Project of the Month" we used to do...it was cool to see all the different ideas for the same substrates!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

I love love love it!!!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Many thanks, y'all. Got a sun face cut out and put together and ready for mortar - for a patio sconce. Re large project, SILVA - I still have my eyes on my fireplace, but what I have in mind is sooooooo huge, I dread the mess. Perfect winter project, though.

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

Kate's table is wonderful!! Love the agates!! I bet Kate loves it too!!

Sponsored