Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latest window

Posted by smickerdoodle (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 17:45

Thought you all might like to see a picture of the window that I finished a couple of days ago. I used four different textures of glass in the waterfall. The deer and bear are fused together to keep from losing the detail of them. The wolf is embossed copper. After it was embossed, I used black patina on it and waxed it so I wouldn't lose the detail while I soldered it into the piece. I hope you all enjoy it as much as the person it was created for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterfall Stained Glass Window

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latest window

Beautiful and so unique. Bravo, great job!

o

That is so beatiful!!!

o

Really beautiful! Your cuts and soldering (sp?) is so perfect and your color choices all work so nicely together. I especially love the glass you chose for the water. Nice job!

o

It's beautiful... but, I can't see a wolf? Is it just me? Please point me to it...

o

Wonderful job. I too like that you used different textures of glass for the water. tfs

Kat

o

How beautiful is that, and oh so perfectly executed. Clicking on the picture makes it larger. I didn't see the wolf either, but what I did see blew me away. You are very good at your art. GORGEOUS!!!

o

This is beautiful! The water pieces look great and I'm amazed at how you cut the animals, tho I don't see a wolf either. I especially love the sky piece. NICE job.

o

Good job!!! I also like the colors you chose for the landscape!! Got more pics? Jane

o

The wolf is kind of hard to see. I haven't figured out how to get a better pic of it though. It is above the deer in the trees. Thank you all for all of the compliments. I had a good time working on this one. good thing I cut out a second one for me while I was cutting this one. It is going to be really hard to part with it.

o

Beautiful, the detail is wonderful.

o

Beautiful!! Glad you cut 1 for yourself!! You need some nice ones to show your students what is possible!!And give them something to aim for!! The deer is so beautiful, even if it was alone,it would be beautiful, I just love it!! Jan

o

Thanks for telling us... now I see the wolf!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here