Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ok so I finally was able to mosaic! BUT...

Posted by deborahmc52 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 14:15

I'd forgotten alot..like.. use SANDED grout for outdoors!!..so..what to do now? AND I used some craft paint to color the grout but it came out very white..wahh! If I can figure how to post a pic I will..anyone?? regrout..over this? can I? thnx..so great to see everyone's stuff here again..been a long time..:>) Debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ok so I finally was able to mosaic! BUT...

Debbie, most of us use an outside hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket and then use their url or html hotlinks to post here. the question of grouting over... Did the unsanded grout sink and leave a depression?

o

You could always give the grout a paint wash....

o

Glad to see you back. What do you have to lose? Regrout is what I'd do.

o

Hey Slow, Calam and Thyme..great to be back! thnx..yes depressed, slightly, dried too fast too I think..thus wash-out? Can I just sand grout on top layer? will it adhere ok? feel like a dummy lol..always google or look here first but..oh no..had to hurry up and get er done!! a friend lets me use a space so..gotta get to it when available..bought some colorant/sealer..use a toothbrush? but..concerned should I regrout first..really wanna post pic, I think I have bucket??or.. is it Flicker lol

o
also..

how do I access most popular pix??

o
and I DO have bucket..;))

I loaded the pic, do I just put 'ths.gardenweb.com' in the place to share?? I'm so NOT techy..crafty..but not techy lol

o

IMO, if you re-grout w/the sanded, it'll adhere to the unsanded. Give it a try. Everything I do is an experiment. If it works, fine, if it doesn't, I've learned something. To post a picture, copy the URL or hotmail link on your picture and paste it into the message here.

o

I agree with Slow, I'd just go over it with sanded grout. its worth a shot, right?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here