Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Quite Clearly Ocean -- more inspiration

silvamae
11 years ago

Wow, I can't copy her picture so go to the link to see -- gorgeous!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bead Mosaic - Fabulous

Comments (18)

• texaswild
    11 years ago

UNBELIEVABLE!!! WOW - what talent. Thanks, Silva, for sharing this.

• loribee2
    11 years ago

Stunning!

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Amazing work!!! I like her write up, it sooo describes how when we get going in this medium how we feel!

• drtdgr
    11 years ago

I love the beadwork too. If any one interested, there's an on-line course by Sharra Frank being offered. A little too rich for my blood, but here's the link if anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sharra Frank's course

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

lovely work

• texaswild
    11 years ago

It appears that she's using the Apoxie clay as an adhesive base. What say you, NT?

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

yes that has become the standard for beading on mosaics now. I saw Doreen Bell use it on her pieces, easy way to cover the substrate in a like color ans stick the strings of seed beads on in rows. I think everyone is inspired by Betty Youngquist's work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Betty Youngquist

• silvamae
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh gosh. She sells kits on Etsy. I must not go there, I must not go there. Get away, Temptation!

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

what???

Here is a link that might be useful: THIS?

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Waaaaaaay too expensive for my stinginess. Can buy the bezel and the clay and use my stash. Might just be ordering some of the Apoxie Sculpt soon.

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

yeah thats for ppl with no stash, or imagination

• mosaicmoods
    11 years ago

Hi, I am the artist (Diana Maus) that created the Quite Clearly Mosaic. It's nice to see that that piece has gotten around the internet. Thank you all for the compliments.

I wanted to note that I use jewelry glue and place each bead separately. I don't do stringing or have a stringer. And I have never heard of Apoxie clay but I thank you for the clue. I will investigate it. I'm glad mosaic has made a comeback. I love Betsy's work too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Diana Maus Art

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Hello Diana: Nice that you dropped in on our forum. Your work is outstandingly beautiful. I got lost in your writings this morning, and looking at you fabulous works. You write as beautifully as you mosaic. I'm amazed that you lay each bead individually. GOOD GRIEF - it must take you weeks, even months to finish a work as detailed as the subject of this thread. Not many artists share the secrets and techniques of their work. Thank you for telling us what you use and how.

• mosaicmoods
    11 years ago

Hi again... Beading isn't very different from gardening I think. It takes patience. But patience is time well spent when the outcome is beautiful right?

• texaswild
    11 years ago

I know exactly what you mean. I was a flower gardner b/f I discovered mosaicing and until the old back problems forced me to hire it done. At age 78 I'm thankful to the Good Lord that I can still do what I do. If I had two more life times, I w/never run out of ideas/inspiration on all my hobbies. Lord, I don't have time to die - there's still too much I want to do.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Diana. I admire your art so much. Slow, you sound like me; I am fond of saying that if I lived to be a thousand, I might have time to do all that I want to do.

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

wow Diana, so glad you posted. each bead separately? wow lol

• mosaicmoods
    11 years ago

Nice to meet you all.