Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quite Clearly Ocean -- more inspiration

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 13:49

Wow, I can't copy her picture so go to the link to see -- gorgeous!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bead Mosaic - Fabulous

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quite Clearly Ocean -- more inspiration

UNBELIEVABLE!!! WOW - what talent. Thanks, Silva, for sharing this.

o

Stunning!

o

Amazing work!!! I like her write up, it sooo describes how when we get going in this medium how we feel!

o

I love the beadwork too. If any one interested, there's an on-line course by Sharra Frank being offered. A little too rich for my blood, but here's the link if anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sharra Frank's course

o

lovely work

o

It appears that she's using the Apoxie clay as an adhesive base. What say you, NT?

o

yes that has become the standard for beading on mosaics now. I saw Doreen Bell use it on her pieces, easy way to cover the substrate in a like color ans stick the strings of seed beads on in rows. I think everyone is inspired by Betty Youngquist's work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Betty Youngquist

o

Oh gosh. She sells kits on Etsy. I must not go there, I must not go there. Get away, Temptation!

o

what???

Here is a link that might be useful: THIS?

o

Waaaaaaay too expensive for my stinginess. Can buy the bezel and the clay and use my stash. Might just be ordering some of the Apoxie Sculpt soon.

o

yeah thats for ppl with no stash, or imagination

o

Hi, I am the artist (Diana Maus) that created the Quite Clearly Mosaic. It's nice to see that that piece has gotten around the internet. Thank you all for the compliments.

I wanted to note that I use jewelry glue and place each bead separately. I don't do stringing or have a stringer. And I have never heard of Apoxie clay but I thank you for the clue. I will investigate it. I'm glad mosaic has made a comeback. I love Betsy's work too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Diana Maus Art

o

Hello Diana: Nice that you dropped in on our forum. Your work is outstandingly beautiful. I got lost in your writings this morning, and looking at you fabulous works. You write as beautifully as you mosaic. I'm amazed that you lay each bead individually. GOOD GRIEF - it must take you weeks, even months to finish a work as detailed as the subject of this thread. Not many artists share the secrets and techniques of their work. Thank you for telling us what you use and how.

o

Hi again... Beading isn't very different from gardening I think. It takes patience. But patience is time well spent when the outcome is beautiful right?

o

I know exactly what you mean. I was a flower gardner b/f I discovered mosaicing and until the old back problems forced me to hire it done. At age 78 I'm thankful to the Good Lord that I can still do what I do. If I had two more life times, I w/never run out of ideas/inspiration on all my hobbies. Lord, I don't have time to die - there's still too much I want to do.

o

Hello, Diana. I admire your art so much. Slow, you sound like me; I am fond of saying that if I lived to be a thousand, I might have time to do all that I want to do.

o

wow Diana, so glad you posted. each bead separately? wow lol

o

Nice to meet you all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here