Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lambeaufan71

my first mosaic project - be gentle

lambeaufan71
15 years ago

So after checking out and lusting over this and many other forums and sites, I finally ordered some tiles and decided to give it a go. Here is my first effort, there's lots of stuff I would change if I could start over. But that's what the SECOND project is for!

Its 1' x 2' and I still need to grout it. It's going to be a Christmas present for my mom.

Comments (14)

• terikat_mom
    15 years ago

Lambeaufan71! Welcome to the group! Your 1st project is great! Your mom will LOVE it! Great use of color! Don't worry you will get nothing but support from this great group!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Your 1st mosaic? Wow, very, very nice! I love all the color bits in the middle. Great job! Looking forward to seeing it grouted.
    Already talking about your second project....yep, you're hooked! Welcome to the mad obsession of mosaics...you're gonna love it!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Well Lamb #1 welcome. #2 for your first project I don't think you should change anything. I think you have done a great job. Am sure you mom is going to love it.
    Post a pic after you get it grouted.

Kathy

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Ta Da! You did GREAT! Your mother is going to love this!

• becky_ia
    15 years ago

Ditto here! What mother WOULDN'T love it?! Very nice...what did you use for your base?

Becky

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Excellent first project!! You did good!

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

It's lovely, Lamb! And welcome! :)

• cait1
    15 years ago

Wonderful! Your Mom will love it! Welcome!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WELCOME To The Forum!!! And good job for your first project! And way to go on the pic posting...we looove pics!!! And of course I would be remiss if I didn't do my duty of informing you of the.....

Here is a link that might be useful: WARNING!!!

• barrell
    15 years ago

You did great for your first project. In a year you will be amazed at how much beter you will be. When you have to choose a grout color think long and hard how your choice of color can change the piece. I sometimes spend weeks thinking about grout color after finishing the glass. I just this week used two different color grouts on the same piece because it just seemed right.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Welcome Lambeau!! You did wonderful for your first mosaic. Yes, already thinking of your next project, you are on your way , or already, addicted!!! It's so much fun you will soon be finding everything in your house needs to be mosaiced.

color combination is great, can't wait to see when you finish grouting your first!!! Keep those pix coming

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, my!!! BEAUTIFUL for a first project or even intermediate. The cross really stands out. Yep - you're addicted already. AS BARRELL said, you'll improve w/practice, and be amazed at how much you'll learn as you go.

• robin_ssi
    15 years ago

Your mosaic piece is beautiful and your mother is going to cherish it. Your color choices are lovely. Barrell is right, grouting the piece in is going to really change the look. Grout is going to give it a finished look. I think you'll be very pleased. Good job all around!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

very nice, great first effort and
    i can't wait to see your follow up pieces!

Sponsored