Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shea's Patio Sconce WIP

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 11 at 13:34

Can't wait 'till tomorrow for the fun to begin. Haven't a clue how to mosaic it yet, but I'm sure it'll come as soon as the first piece goes on. Her mouth is too big - just like mine.
Patio Sconce WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shea's Patio Sconce WIP

Ooh, very nice, SLOW. I can't wait to see it with some color on it. I'll bet this will turn out beautifully. I'm curious...how do you do the edges? On my butterflies, the wings were thick enough for me to do a thin tiled edge on them. I then butt up the front and back tiles to the tiled edge. It's tricky to tile that edge, though. What do you do?

o

Pulled out blue for the eyes, red for the lips and a purplish pink for the rouge. Light w/show through all of them. Re the edges, if there's an edge I stick a little piece on, and if it's not even I just leave the grout. I'm not as perfection-minded as you are, so my stuff is hit/miss and I make it up as I go. Off each of the points of the rays, which were free formed by hand, I'll hang a diamond-shaped mirror w/a bead on each side of it. I love danglies. This is gonna be a fun piece to work on.

o

Very CUTE!!! I LOVE danglies too!!! Sounds great! I am busy decorating my place for Christmas....I am the only one who does/enjoys Christmas holidays and I say Phewy on Them!!! I'm gonna have fun!

o

Love it SLOW!! I know i will be beautful, yur work always is!!

o

Thanks you two. Hope it's dry enough to begin the colors today. Soooooooo busy getting ready for Suzie's visit and then our trip to Dallas for a huuuuuuuuuge family Christmas, including a horse/buggy ride to see the lights, shopping in the busiest mall in Dallas on Christmas Eve, the dinner and opening gifts after brunch on Christmas Day. I LOVE Christmas too, CALAM. We make it big here in Texas.

o

OOOh this is gonna be COOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here