Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas ornament

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 24, 11 at 13:34

I needed to make something to give to our hosts on Christmas, Our neighbor has invited us to dinner and I thought I would bring her a home made ornament. I built it on a polystyrene ball and just mixed paint into white silicone and smooshed the tess into that. At the end I sprinkled it with mirco marbles. I also put our location and year under glass to make it a keepsake.

Ornament I made for my friend

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas ornament

Ummm. That looks like a priceless treasure. Your neighbors will love it and pass it down to the next generation.

o

SO neat love it!!

o

Lovely and sparkly! Just like You!!!!

o

I w/never have thought of that method. Didja use oil paint? You beat all. What a lovely and elegant ornament.

o

no, just acrylic... I've mixed them before when using silicone for making molds, so I could see that I got complete coverage between layers... didn't have any problem with curing.

Thanks, She seemed pretty happy to get it.

I'm considering making these to sell next year and thought one cool addition might be to put a fishing spinner on the top so they can turn freely.

o

What a cool idea and gorgeous too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here