Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

big crazy news

nicethyme
14 years ago

yesterday I got this amazing email that read

301 artists from 25 countries submitted 521 mosaics...

18 were chosen and yours is among them

I still can't believe it! The Sidonea menageria is one of 18 pieces that was juried into Mosaic Art Now's 2010 Exhibition in Print!

To be on a list with all these famous artists.. is just crazy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Art Now

Comments (19)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

That is just fabulous, NT. Take a deeeeeeep bow. I don't know why you can't believe you should not be listed along w/"these famous artists". You are truly an artist w/more talent than many whose works I've seen. Recognize it and enjoy the fact that you have contributed to the art world in so many ways others only dream to do.

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

YAHOOO, listen to Slow, she's telling it like it is!! (hopefully i can post again)

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

Way to go girl!!!!!

• iminmystudio
    14 years ago

That is wonderful news you must be so excited and proud, your work is fantastic and has inspired me many times.
    Congratulations.

• silvamae
    14 years ago

ConGratuLations!!! What fabulous news!

• charmo
    14 years ago

Nicethyme, congratulations! What a wonderful news, and totally deserved girl, enjoy it and be proud!

• nicole__
    14 years ago

Please post a picture of "your" piece.

• shrillmtb
    14 years ago

Wow! Congratulations!! I found the threads where you were creating it and am totally blown away...what a beautiful piece! Are you still selling posters of it?
    Sheryll

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yep, I still have prints and cards available

they can be ordered by searching nicethymes at etsy, and all the proceeds go to The Sidney Dodson Cerebral Palsy Fund.

the wip is in 2 threads here, if you do a search of Sidonea. plus I have a thread here detailing presenting the piece to Sid as well

Thank you all for your kudos. I'm just bowled over by the whole experience. The odds of this were astonomical really and I feel so fortunate.

Slow, you have always been such a big influence and inspiration to so many of us here. I hope you will always spot yourself in the things I make.

• ans_garden
    14 years ago

Oh, I remember when you started this, but hadn't seen it finished! I absolutely love the final piece and the story that goes along with it. You have to know that projects like this make me realize making mosaics doesn't have to be just something I love to do. That I could someday affect someone besides myself is truly inspirational. And kudos to Mosaic Now for recognizing the beauty & kindness of this project. Congratulations & thanks for sharing.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

I Am Sooo PROUD of YOU!!! And to think, that is only one of you art pcs they saw!!! If they saw the school table, or the truck/winter scene, I could go on and on,,,DD's door, man they picked right!!! I have your poster right beside my bed on the wall so I see it ALL the time!! And I am hourding the postcards, as I don't want to give them to just anybody...they HAVE to be cherished and appreciated!!!! I am so glad to have met you and be encouraged/inspired/awed by you all these years...this forum has TRULY been a Gift From GOD!!! Jane

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Congrats, I told you you could do it. I am very happy and proud for you....great, it couldn't happen to anyone more deserving.

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I know Flag- lol, Crystal pulled up that thread where you were urging me to enter. So everyone could say I told ya so.

Theres a bit where I said, I can't compare to the likes of Orsoni and Menossi... now my name appears on a list with Menossi!!! omg lol

thank you all sooo much for all your comments, it really means alot to me.

I made my first mosaic with lessons from this forum and the friendly push of my dear friends Slow and Calamity and Flagtruck... luv ya all for all your support and lots of laughs here

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I'll NEVER forgot how painful your decision was to FINALLY plunge in and mosaic that bowling ball. You labored over it for weeks. At one point, I entertained the though that you might have been pulling our legs w/your discussions on laying it out, design, whatever. Finally, someone posted "It's only a bowling ball." Then when you finally took off, you passed us all up. I'll also never forget that bottle. I wanted one like it so bad. Whatever happened to that bottle anyway. Is it for sale?????

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol I was so afraid that if it was the only thing I ever made, I wanted it to be good! lol

the bottle/ ball lives in my yellow bed, I discover it every spring.

• silvamae
    14 years ago

I went and found it on Etsy; wow, it is beautiful. What a wonderful project!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

WOW!! It's so neat that some of us are famous...instead of just infamous!!!lol!, from this forum!hee hee!!!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL I don't know about famous - but I'm gonna get my 15 minutes in! lol

thanks Silvamae

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

WOW!!! Nice that is the coolest news ever!!!! How proud you must be!!!! What a great pice of art Sidney gets to enjoy everyday!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm