Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I find LITTLE tesserai?

Posted by phish (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 12:12

Most of my projects have a little substrate, so I need little tesserai. For example, with those little square tiles that are just shy of a square inch, I prefer the tiles that are a fourth of those, that are about one square centimeter.

In general I would like any tesserai that has a diameter of about a centimeter.

Most of the "mosaic supplies" in my local craft stores have tess that is more on the bigger side. I was thinking of trying another department, but I've had no luck there so far. I liked some beads but they all had holes in them (because of course, they're beads!). I even thought of paper/card embellishing but their decorations were mostly paper.

Does anyone have advice on where to get little tesserai?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I find LITTLE tesserai?

I ordered some Wedi board and other stuff from Maryland Mosaics and she threw in some small tiles as a gift. They are adorable; they are beautiful colors and some are glitter and some are metallic. Click the link and see if they are what you're looking for. I think they are 3/8".

Here is a link that might be useful: Maryland Mosaics sale items

o

uuum tiny tiles,,, its Sally Kinsey.. let me find a link

here we go

Here is a link that might be useful: tiny tile

o

I was gonna suggest ebay too....

o

Wow, on that Tiny Tile website, did y'all see those dichroic tiles? Yummy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiny tile dichroic tiles

o

Wow, what perfect timing on the question. I'm just starting off on mosaic pendants and these tiny tiles are perfect. And yes, that dichroic glass is amazing. I'm trying to get over the price, though! wow

Thanks for the links. I've done business with Maryland Mosaics, but have never heard of the tiny tile store before.

o
Thanks for the advice. I found some stuff I liked

at one of those websites. We'll see if Santa brings it to me this year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here