Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

WIP Cat

Calamity_J
15 years ago

Well...fffiiinnnaaalllyyy!!! I'm getting it together and actually creating something!!! This is that concrete cat statue I bought for $4 at the thrift store I work at. I think it is sooo weird that I just can't find the "Ahhh, that's it!!!" stuff to use on her...in any of my stuff!!!! A room 12x20..packed full of mosaic goodness...and I just am having the hardest time finding just the right mosaic tesserae!!! Sheesh! And I'm snowed in so shopping isn't high on the agenda!lol! (Or else I would!!!) I'm making this for my Garden Junk Buddy, Cozy Cat!!! How can a Gal be so Blessed by having this forum site hook you up with 2 other like minded gals who live in the vacinity!?! GOD uses the internet to Bless us!!!heh heh! (the tiles on the right are the tiles going on her)

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (43)

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Meow!
    That is excellent. How do you make him look so smooth when there are so many curves to your cat.

• klinger
    15 years ago

Janie, it's lookin great. I love what you've done so far. I'm sure you have great stuff hidden in all your treasures to finish this cat.
    Cindy

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

oooh yeah I'm lovn't it! is that ballchain?

I must admit your title gave me pause - I had the quick thought of good Lord, she's glue'n up her cat! LOL sorry

• wackyweeder
    15 years ago

ooooo, I think she is awesome! I love what you have so far!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Further along...and ya, that is quite the lg sz ballchain! I'm kinda/sorta goin' for the egyptian kitty look!lol!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Awesome miss kitty you have there. Wonderful.

Kathy

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

I think you got the Eqyptian look going on! I love that russet ceramic! Its awesome

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Isn't she just the prettiest kitty? I love her necklace!
    You always make such fun stuff and seem to have the most fun doing it!

• cait1
    15 years ago

PURRRRRFECT!!!!!!!!!

That is a lovely necklace. And I love the decoration over her 'third' eye!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Hot diggedy cat, girlie - she's darlin'. LOVE her eyes, and the ball chain outlining. Glad you're back at it - have missed seeing your work.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Oh Jane, this is going to be your best critter yet!! Already looks egyptian!!

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Jane... your cat (much to elegant to be a kitty :) is gorgeous! I love the ball chain features... and your choice of tess. has given it a very, VERY elegant look already!
    Love it!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

OOHHHHHHHH AW ......... that is one royal kitty. I love her necklace and everything about her. She is really royal looking, gotta give her an egypitian name call her Queen Neferkitti??? LOL

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Queen NefferKitti!!! Puurrrfect!!! I have blisters upon blisters from shoeling a couple feet of snow..all on driveway And around the house...so haven't made as much progress as I'd like, trying to let hands heal a bit before nipping another sheet of 2" tiles. But today I will, as I'm snowed in and get to PLAY!!! Yup, Play first then shovel some more! IF it stops snowing!!! It's def a WHITE Christmas!!! YEEHAW!!!! Love it! It hasn't snowed like this since I was a little girl!!! I even went out and bought a Bing Crosby cd!!!lol!!!

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Queen Nefferkitti!!! that is soooo funny! She sure is cute, I just love the colors and the bead chain, is she a keeper or a gift? I'm working on a cat too! A silouette, in a window, I'll post pics when done.

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Queen Nefferkitti is looking good! It's snowoing here (again) this morning so I'll be joining you in that shoveling! Stay Warm!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

looks GREAT!

• shrty411
    15 years ago

A queen cat for sure!!

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

She's looking more and more elegant, Jane!
    Beautiful mosaicking!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

That is one cool cat! She looks very exotic. You've got the Egyptian thing nailed. Great choice of tess and jewels! She's great.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Done all the mosaicing...just gotta grout in charcoal...

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Wow! That looks like some tricky nipping and glueing!
    Looking forward to seeing this pretty kitty grouted!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

this looks SOOOOOOO good!!!!! did ya grout yet?

• emtnest
    15 years ago

OHHHH I'm your new BEST FRIEND!!!! That is beautiful!!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'M GROUTING!!! I haven't for MONTHS!!! Oh so FUN!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:201014}}

• rchovey
    15 years ago

She's so purrrty! Makes me want to get started on the cat statue I found at the TS months ago! Good job!

• crystal01
    15 years ago

Oh It's purrfect!! You need to enter it in the animal flickr challenge.

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Yay, ya got her grouted...even if you did have to wear one glove backwards..lol!! She looks simply amazing!!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

LOVE HERE, CALAM. Just beautiful. Sooooooo glad you're back at work. I have throughly missed seeing your posts. Did you respond to Sam's email about the Hacienda invite?????

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

She is so cute .I have not done much my self .I do miss it .I am itching to do some .

• shrty411
    15 years ago

She's a beauty!!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Great kitty janie,I haven't made anything in months and months either...gotta get with the program soon tho.Beautiful job as usual.

• cait1
    15 years ago

She's a beauty!!!! Gosh, you work so fast.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

GORGEOUS Janeybo!!!!!

• wackyweeder
    15 years ago

I love it Jane! she is wonderful!

• october17
    14 years ago

Oh darn! I wanted to show Queen Nefferkitti to my mom, but the pictures are all gone! Wah!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here she is!!!

• solstice98
    14 years ago

I'm glad you added a picture! She's beautiful!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank You! The Gal Pal I gave her to really enjoys her!!!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

I'm glad this came up again, as I'd missed this great cat, Jane. I wished the original photos hadn't disappeared, as I was hoping to see what the tess looked like that you decided to use before you did her. I love the chain you used to outline her. I'm always learning something new from you. Great cat!

• joyy
    14 years ago

i love it - the face especially!

• october17
    14 years ago

Thank you so much for re-posting the pics. My mom loves her too.

You are so incredibly talented. And very generous.

Thank you again!

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Do I hear purring? I think I do!
    Lovely.

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer