Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Someone out there copied my image

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 11:57

I was wasting time on Google images and typed in 'blues mosaic guitar' and imagine my surprise when my rhythm and blues guitar popped up, on someone else's blog, without a mention of me or my blog. I was rather miffed! I'm not sure what they're up to, but I think it's a blog just to make money on clicks and my guitar is not ''painting on glass'' so they just carelessly threw something together, maybe? Anyway, in the comments section, I asked them to remove it or credit me, but the comment doesn't show until they have approved it, which they may not do, so ..... anyway, here's their link:

http://paintingonglass.blogspot.com/2010/07/blues-mosaic-guitar.html

As y'all know, my blog is called Mosaic Road.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Someone out there copied my image

Here's my link.

Here is a link that might be useful: The image in question (from my blog)

o

Absolutely disgusting to see this kind of thing happen. There have been successful lawsuits over these practices. Be honored that your talent was chosen, but I'd look into legal action, if you don't get a response from them.

o

I do know that if you posted any pics on this forum, it can be copied as you gave permission when you signed up. I know a few people who do not post here anymore because of this issue.

o

Copied and used by Gardenweb, Calamity. that would permit anyone else to pick them up. Silva, considering what is gooing on with that mosaic book stealing ppls images and posting false artist testimonies... it could be worse right? Can you see who admin's the site? server? because thats who you meed to threaten.

o

That just stinks.

o

don't ya hate when a typo causes you to say the opposite of what you meant!

Copied and used by Gardenweb, Calamity. that would'nt permit anyone else to pick them up.

I'm such a dOH!

o

THAT GUITAR IS BEAUTIFUL !!!!

o

there are ways to fight back ... this is stealing whether or not the person realizes it.

I would first send a message asking politely for them to either give me credit or delete the photo. If they don't respond then I would go ahead and file a complaint.
Hope you get it resolved !

Here is a link that might be useful: When someone steals your content

o

Thank you, everyone. ingeorgia, thanks for the information and the link. I posted a second comment on their blog asking them again to remove my pictures and telling them that if they did not, I would report them to Google, so we'll see. Thanks again.

o

I reported them today using the link that ingeorgia provided - - I commented twice on their blog and asked them to remove my content and they ignored me so we will see what happens ...

o

keep us posted Silva

o

Wow, it worked! I did file the complaint using the link that ingeorgia told us about, and now my images are removed from that blog site. I was never contacted but I checked this morning and they are gone. Thank you! I am saving that link.

o

You are very welcome ! I'm happy you got it resolved. Stealing is stealing and we shouldn't let anyone get away with it...too bad they wouldn't give you credit for your photo and beautiful work.
That would have been an easy solution but I guess if you are a thief then you really don't care about doing what is right.

o

That's great! glad you got it resolved!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here