Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic Platters

Posted by becky_ia (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 10, 08 at 11:14

Also, have made several mosaic platters I picked up this summer for a steal. Normally priced at $34 each...found them on a clearance table for $2 each! I bought all six of them!

I think they turned out pretty well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic Platters

Becky! They are wonderful! Each one is so different. I like the assemetrical placement of the circle in the first one. Is that a plate with the saying? Some fancy clean cutting there. Where did you get the center for "Let It Snow"? The snowflakes turned out great. And that beautiful cross...the cross and the circles on it's center, were you able to buy that somewhere? You really made something special there. Will they be gifts? If so, they will be cherished I know.

o

More perfection. Your work is soooooo neat and is done so well. Also interested in the centers. Love every one of them. Beautiful work.

o

Very good job on your platters. Love em

o

Very Nice Job on these! WOW! What a score on those platters!!!

o

These are beautiful! Can these be used as platters or is it not good to serve food on them (cookies and such)?

o

They have been sealed with a grout sealer, but I am not sure if it would be harmful to people. I tell people to always use wax paper, or put a paper towl down first if going to use it for food and hand wash it...don't put in diswasher.

I really think I would just use it as a piece of art. Display in a kitchen or dining room using an easel.

Becky

o

These are really nice! The 'Let it Snow' one is so sparkly and happy :)

o

Becky, those are some awesome platters!! I love each one of them but I think my fav is the let it snow.!!!

o

All of these platters are just absolutely gorgeous-the one with the cross just "blew me away" -I bet Becky sold them all!! I ended up choosing a leaf glass lite block-which is also gorgeous! Thanks Becky-Great work!-Wendy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here