Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squirrellycanadian

Little Table Done

squirrellycanadian
16 years ago

I'll be giving this to my friend today, hope she likes it! I probably should have mosaiced the globe underneath that holds the light, but I ran out of time and matching glass. Does anyone else go thru "withdrawl" after finishing a project? I have the time off for holidays, planned to play,play,play, and just can't seem to get inspired to do a darn thing. I keep going into my craft room, looking at my stuff, waiting for inspiration........I'm sure it will come to me the day before I go back to work!!##??!!

Comments (36)

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Oh she will jump for joy!!!it is beautiful...excellent job!Love the colors and design..great job!

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

She better like it! LOL That is so darn beautiful. The cutting is excellent, (wish I could), and the colors, the design just gorgeous.
    What a lucky friend!
    Bianchi

• klinger
    16 years ago

Shirley it's gorgeous, I'm sure she'll love it. I also have the lack of inspiration you describe, sometimes if I just pick up a project and force myself to start it then before I know it I'm right into it. Hope you had a great Christmas,
    Cindy

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

That turned out beautiful. The colors look so rich. I always have loved red and the browns together. She will probably be overwhelmed when she sees it.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Double dawg snot!!
    That is over the top gorgeous. Yep, I'd be going through withdrawl after dong something like that!

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

That turned out AMAZING!!! What a wonderful gift! Lucky Friend. It's so perfect as usual! You make such beautiful things squirrelly.

Hazie

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

so beautiful!!!! and you'll have to tell us her response too.

yep, I go through a complete slump after a project. It's like I NEED to do something but can't find it. Feel lost for a while

• LinLee
    16 years ago

"Hope she likes it?"...are you nuts!
    I believe I'd have to keep that one and make
    something else for my friend. I adore those colors.

• curbdiver1954
    16 years ago

How darling!! THe colors are so rich.....bet it looks absoklutely stunning when lit! What a lucky friend she is! (If she doesn't like it, my address is......LO!!)

Pat

• wackyweeder
    16 years ago

Anyone who doesnt like that table is just not worth talking to. Its wonderful, and perfect.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Yup! Ditto to everyone's comments!!!!

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

dITTO again that is such a gorgeous table. I dont think the globe not being done distracts at all from the beauty of the table. You did such a great job. I love the use of the glass globs on there too!!

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

OH...
    MY...
    GAWD!...

(...she said in that thick accent of "Janice" from "Friends")

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

That is awesome and if she don't like it i sure the heck do. But i bet she will love it.

• icheer
    16 years ago

The table is beautiful - she's lucky to have a friend like you!

I am also off of work and looking for projects to speak to me. While waiting, I spent several days sorting glass, cleaning my workroom, organizing my supplies and taking inventory of completed projects in 2007. Late yesterday inspiration stuck and I've been working like a whirlwind since so don't give up hope!

• crystal01
    16 years ago

WOW!! That is gorgeous! Love the colors and the design.

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

That's so beautiful! oh my goodness:)

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

Your table is beautiful!!!! Can't wait to hear your friend's comments........she will love it! She must be a really good friend, and a lucky one at that......

I am in a slump also....not inspired to do anything. I wandered out to my shed the day after Christmas, turned the heat up and lights on, and I haven't had the energy or drive to wander back out there......zzzzzz

• rchovey
    16 years ago

That is so beautiful! I don't think I could stand to part with it. If she doesn't like she needs to have her head examined! Of course she will love it, who wouldn't?

• meadel
    16 years ago

Holy cow! I would have a hard time parting with that too! It's fantabulous!
    You have a very lucky friend indeed!
    ( yes, I feel the slump too.. kind of like a separation anxiety like a lost limb..but luckily we are like starfish and will just grow another one) !

• silvamae
    16 years ago

She will love it!

• mylalaland
    16 years ago

So rich!, perfection!, Awesome, beautiful!, I can go on and on about this piece. You really did a great job with it. Very unique piece of art.
    lala

• yell_rose
    16 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors!

• emtnest
    16 years ago

I ditto Bama's double dawg snot! That is truly a work of art...

• very_vintage
    16 years ago

Man that is so cool!!! I can;t believe you gave that away! I would have cried! Can you clarify, is it gog? Does it have a light underneath it?

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Squirrelly- LOVE THIS!!!
    very- take a look in the album; there's a couple other pix in there of it as WIP...this ia a GREAT light-table!!! What an awesome piece to just 'light up' if using in a bistro-basement...gotta find me one of these!

• eklypz
    16 years ago

That is so very awesome, wow! Love it!

I think the reason for uninspiration is from going full force to get christmas presents ready and so focused on that. Now all done without a major focus and back to making the things WE like :D I am consoling myself by buying supplies and tools for the inevitable burst of creativity that will arrive very soon (or else!)

• becky_ia
    16 years ago

I am very partial to anything done in reds. I would trade my right arm for that table! It is beautiful and would look wonderful in my house! How long did it take you? Did you follow a pattern? Do you seal your projects when finished?

Becky

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

WOW Your table turned out WONDERFUL So pretty!!!! I am sure your friend will LOVE it!!!

Chris

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Your table is AWESOME! I just love the colors and design.

• nanatricia
    16 years ago

O my Gosh that is so pretty.I love it .
    I am working on my play room It was an garage I turned to a play room for me and the Gb the fioor was a mess so I panted it just before christmas .I did not like the color so I am re doing it .

• squirrellycanadian
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks soooo much for the compliments!! She LOVED the table!! We spent a couple hours moving things around, trying it here and there, finally settled on a nice corner spot. It was hard to part with it but I just don't have the room for anything else in my living room. It's gone to a good home with a good owner, I think it will be happy there,hehe!
    Becky: I have no idea how long it took, only the middle parts were from a pattern, the rest just happened. I didn't seal it, maybe I should have?
    Thanks everyone!!

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

This is so beautiful Shirley. I'm so glad your friend loved it!!!

Barb

• diamondjennie
    16 years ago

That has to be one of the pretties things I have ever seen! I am usually addicted to Shabby Chic but I could get outside my box with that one! Glad she liked it! Thanks for sharing! Jennie

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

I'm speechless ........ it's awesome !

• andrea_2
    16 years ago

I think it looks great as is, so I don't think it's missing anything by not having the globe done. What a lucky friend you have! I'm glad that she appreciated it and recognized it for the fine gift it is.

Sponsored