Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
South Austin Music Sign WIP

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 11 at 10:22

Here's what I'm currently working on. All black and white stained glass. I'm waiting on black 'mini' marbles that I ordered from Arctic Girl Mosaics for the black dots on the guitar. I nipped the glass with wheeled nippers except for the straight edges that I cut with a Toyo pistol grip glass cutter and the curved pieces around the edge of the guitar. I ground all the edges with a kitchen sharpener. I will probably have to cut out the fingers of the 'M' with my Taurus ring saw. I will use both black and white grout. The Wedi will be bolted to the original sign.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog - South Austin Music sign WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: South Austin Music Sign WIP

I think the andamento, sort of crazy paving you are using is really adding interest and says this is unique work

o

Thank you, nicethyme. My plan is to crazy-pave all the white, and then sort of do the black background in gentle horizontal waves, trying to indicate music. We'll see; I think it will work.

o

This is going to be a great piece. Love your design and how it is coming together. Will be watching your progress.

becky

o

Thanks, Becky. I have to say, the design isn't mine. The sign was painted long ago on wood and was looking shabby. The owner is familiar with my mosaic work and asked me to mosaic the sign, keeping the same colors and design. I believe the original design was by an artist named Lucky LaRue.

o

Looking great!!

o

even with you having to work off the prevous logo... you are putting your unique vision in there! I think "sound waves" will be cool! can't wait to see what you come up with

o

Looking AWESOME! You and Lucky LaRue...kinda catchy!!!Kinda makes me wanna breakout in an Janis Joplin tune!

Here is a link that might be useful: Janis Joplin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here