Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polymer clay covered egg

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 3, 08 at 10:01

Not eggsactly a mosaic but kinda! this is my 1st attempt at canework, its a hydrangea cane and I'm really eggcited about it!

The egg isn't great and has some flaws but I love it anyway!

my first cane!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polymer clay covered egg

OH MY!!! This is amazing NT!!! It is so decorative..like Easter eggs but at a different level, like you could display them all year round, just sitting in a bowl! My friend collects eggs made of stone that way and this would be right up my alley! Zowie!!!

o

Eggstraordinary!!

o

What a piece of art! I LOVE the colors. Do you have an url you could share to show how this is done? I looked around but couldn't find one. GREAT job! I can't believe this is your first egg!

o

Hi Daisyme, the tutorial of this cane is here

Here is a link that might be useful: polymerclaycentral

o

Thanks for the link! How fun! I enjoyed reading and seeing the pics. Isn't the internet wonderful?

o

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. First attempt huh?? Fantabulous.

Kathy

o

Oh, just look at you and how you've progressed. I was always too lazy to make the canes. You've done a beautiful job. LOVE the egg. You gonna make a bunch of eggs? As I was dusting my egg collection the other day, I remembered the days of decorating eggs for my Christmas tree. I used beads. Egg art is another fun hobby mosaics ate up.

o

Gosh that's pretty, it's amazing it's made with clay. How clever. I've never really tried any clay work but this is sure tempting me,
Cindy

o

Oh that is great! I haven't done the cane thing except to just run odds and ends together but I have been making some tiles for mosaics.
Great job.

o

Thank you all. The whole cane thing just fascinates me with all that tiny detail and I was so inspired by Chickeemama's canework and how beautiful it was - I had to try it.

Slow, an egg collection huh? maybe one day you could post us a pic? pretty please! lol

o

I LOVE how that looks!! One of these days I'd like to try it. Thanks for the link!

o

That is AMAZING!! I love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here