Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Fish

Posted by barrell (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 15, 08 at 9:22

I have been making mosaics now for two years and cant seem to get off the fish subject matter. So the mahi below was just grouted and ive forced myself to try something 3-d. I am now in the middle of covering a deer antler.

[img]http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/data/500/DSC05382_640x427_.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/data/500/glass_005_Small_.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/data/500/glass_013_Medium_Small_.jpg[/img]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Fish

Ok my pics arent showing up... how about some help

o

To place a picture, what you need here is the HTML code. If you're in Photobucket,it's the third choice down under your picture. Highlight it, copy it, then come back here to your typed text and place it where you want. It will look like gibberish, but when you go to preview your message before posting it you will see that the photos show in the post. Good luck! We want to see!

o

I thought thats what I did in my original post. I post pictures on dozens of message boards. Normaly you have to place them on an outside server ( Thats what fish-pix is) Then you place the code for where they are located in the body of your message. When the message opens up it should go to that server and snatch the pics? I tried copying and pasting into the body of the message and that doesnt work either. I dont use nor have that software you speak of.

o

Yep. You have to go through an outside server as you did, but I still think you posted the image code and not the html code that you need to use here. (I know through other forums I can use the imagine code too, but not here) We'd love it if you'll try again.

o

test

http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/31405/cat/500/page/1

o
RE: Still frustrated

I tried posting the source code and I got a message refusing my post because it was HTML.
i GIVE UP~~~

o

VERY NICE FISH!!! And that rattle snake has me RATTLED!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Barrell's Fish

o

Very cool! I like how you've captured his turn.
Looking forward to seeing the antler. What a great idea for a substrate.

o

BEAUTIFUL job of mosaicing. Anxious to see more of your work.

o

We're glad we can finally see your piece and I'm sorry you got so frustrated. I love how differently you captured the fish in a turn. Very very nice!

o

Calamity, That rattlesnake is suposed to be a world record
I dont remeber all the specs but I beive it wheighs 90 pounds.

o

I love this mosaic! Very nicely done and I too am anxious to see the antlers. Can't imagine doing those. Please post pictures of your WIP!

Becky

o

spectacular work, real precise cutting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here