Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltgf

Howdy y'all!

cait1
15 years ago

I'm playing again... in the garden AND with my mosaicing. But not the bench... yet. I haven't mosaiced in 6 months because I was renovating my house but decided to give myself the month of December off because I finished (mostly) half of the reno.

So it was raining all weekend (not complaining) and decided to mosaic this pot.

I've left the rim nekkid and will use terra cotta grout.

AND!!! They started to make new switchplates where the covers come off. I've yet to see any designs on the covers but maybe one day they'll start making colored/designed switchplates for us poor souls down under. But who needs designer switchplates when you can mosaic them?

See how small the switch is? I've ordered thin glass tiles so I can mosaic this. I have a design in mind and can't wait for my order to arrive so I can mosaic this little beauty. I'll then have to take out the entire old switchplate and rewire this one in, but at least I can have a mosaiced switchplate. Makes me so happy I can't stop tawkin'! HA!

And here I'm cheatin'... I've put a link to my house renovation, Part 1. I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished. DH didn't help much b/c I work better alone, but he did help me put up the wall frames cuz I couldn't pick them up by myself.

Anyway... good to be back and have something to share with you guys.

Cait

Here is a link that might be useful: House reno Part 1

Comments (8)

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW!!! You have been busy!!! And I LOVE that planter!!! Boy are you getting good!!! DH cringes about me doing Anything around the house!!! It's so good to hear from you!!!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I love the flower pot! The kiss is adorable and I love how you did the reeds up the sides. Great! We'll look forward to seeing the grouted piece too!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Welcome back Cait!! I was wondering what happened to Aussie!! Love your flower pot, and especially what Daisy said on the kiss!!

you've been one busy girl, and the house remodel is great!! You are very talented to do all of that yourself,

so... tell us about the BENCH!! Not nudging you or anthing, but just dying to see what your next move is on that gorgeous bench design!!

• shrty411
    15 years ago

You flowerpot is so cute!!! Are those plates or tiles you used??

You sure have been busy renovating!!

Glad you can finally do something with your switchplated. They are quick and fun to do!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

OH YA!!! The Bench!!! Didn't you say you are revamping that garden scene too!!??

• cait1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hehehe Thanks ALL!!

Okay, I grouted the pot. I used coffee mugs and some tea cups for the tulips. I had found a bunch of them in a junk yard place and loved that they were decorative.

As for the bench, we moved it - wasn't that difficult which surprised me and YES JANE! hahaha I have all sorts of ideas for the area but you can see that on the GJ side if you're interested.

Here's an updated pick of the bench in it's new position.

It's supposed to rain and spits every now and again and I don't really want to mosaic the bench if it's going to rain. Guess I can find something to cover it up but I'm being kinda l a z y. hehehe

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

I meant to comment last night but stupid photobucket sometimes freezes up my compuer...anyway...YAY! Welcome back! You have been soooo busy! I am always in awe of those that can do their own renovation work...good for you!
    Your pot is too cute...but I'm really looking forward to seeing progress on that amazing bench!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Love the pot, CAIT, and it's good to see you back w/us. We'll be waiting for work on the bench - not so patiently, though.