Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giggles1_gw

Advice for outdoor project, plz

giggles1
12 years ago

I greatly admire everyone's art here, hope to get there someday!

Right now, I only have experience w/ tiling floors & walls, but I have an unusual project to attempt... we just bought a house in Cape Coral, FL, 2 bedroom windows facing the front & a 4ftx6ft gap area in between.

Oddly there's a vertical wood "thing" there, just boards like fencing that someone must have thought looked good???

I've seen tiled geometric designs on houses that were eye catching! Nothing too detailed, just stuff like you would use to "pop" in the bath or kitchen... different size tiles, shades, metallic centers, etc.

HOW do I construct this? The house is stucco, I don't want to attach the tiles directly ON the house. Should I build a wooden frame? Wrap it in mesh, use Mapei Ultra Flex II, and grout, then seal? Anything special do/don't for outdoors?

Lowe's & HD always have those discontinued or somewhat broken tiles reduced, some are MAGICALLY attractive, I wouldn't pay full price, but reduced, for this small area, YEA, you bet! Any kind of tile NOT suited for this?

If anyone has a good pattern site? Thoughts, ideas? The house is shades of brown.

We're just finishing the landscaping, which already makes people look, now, I'd like that lil extra to make people smile.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz