Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grout color help

Posted by swimbykerun (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 11, 10 at 22:45

I am sure people have posted similar posts needing or wanting advice so please bare with me. I am new to this mosaic thing and have taken on a rather large 1st project. I have already glued all the glass and I have no idea of what color grout to use. I am considering using about 6 or 7 different colors on different portions of the mosaic but I am not sure how that will look. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe black for the whole thing??? I posted a picture of my mosaic.....

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grout color help

Get outta town - first mosaic?????????!!!!!!!!! Looks like a professional job to me. Multiple colors w/probably be wonderful, if you want to put that much work into it. As for my style, I used different shades of grey. I mix Pearl Grey (from Lowes Mapie brand) for a very nice light grey, or mix in a little black to make varying shades of charcoal. It is a nice background and shows up the glass rather than the grout. Any color you use on this wonderful project w/be gorgeous. That is some kind of mosaicing for a beginner. Congratulations.

o

WOW..........if that's your 1st and is soooooo fantastic I can hardly wait to see what you do next!!! It is just beautiful.

o

Please do not even cosider black. that would ruin it.
One light sand color as someone suggested and thn colorwash your blues, browns, etc,
Beautiful first mosaic. Good luck

o

Well, I could swear that I answered this post several days ago. My answer's gone. Here goes again. That mosaic is wonderful! I can't believe it's your first one!! I use a pale pale brown on just about everything. It's a sand color. I am never please when I grout something white, and while I usually like black, in this case, I don't think it's a good idea. Please come back and post a pic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here