Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Summer projects and Calamities...

Calamity_J
11 years ago

Some stuff I have been up to...The concrete leaf is from Klinger,(Beach glass/tiles from Mexico!) The faery with wing ripped off by powerwasher guy...grrr...Hubby claiming the welcome sign!LOL! Shower door mirror in it's new home, the trellis build just for it! (Rhodo bed)

Here is a link that might be useful: Projects

Comments (10)

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I also have a mosquito in there that a artist from another Island has made, and a round GOG that I helped a neighbor make, it is called a Enneagram?

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Hey, girlie. Nice to see you're still alive. Love your projects, especially that angel, and the Elephant Ear. Can you repair it to it's original glory? What are you working on currently? I still have a few good Elephant Ears, and Klinger's inspires me to make a sand casting. Got the sand, got the leaf, and hopefully can find the time to do it. My yard men and I worked on just the front yesterday from 9:10 AM to 6:15 PM. I planted the four window boxes - four flats of Pansies. They painted the front fence/arbor, cleaned beds, pruned roses and azaleas, dug up and replanted mums and salvias in newly tilled compost - two yds. More to do today - installing a purchased fountain to replace the mess I made of the faces fountain, tying roses to the arbor, planting more pansies etc. THEN I'm having dinner w/Juan and Rosa tonight - my other yard man and housekeeper. Busy times here - winterizing the gardens.

• loribee2
    11 years ago

Oh wow, WOW! Love the panel with the butterflies. And I love that square artsy thing you have indoors on the pole. Absolutely love stuff like that. It's cool how varied your works are, you seem to experiment with lots of different projects and styles. Love it!

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

Yes every thing looks great !!

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

You've been BUSY !!!!! Everything is awesome as usual :)

**** PS - what is that big bug made of ??? It looks so creepy - LOL

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

Your yard is Gorgeous like everything you do.

How did your mosaic glass door turn out? Considering doing ours but concerned about the added weight. Has that been a problem for you?

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a couple of Day of The dead tiles I did. http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/calamity-j/2012092-1.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    11 years ago

sheesh I did have it in the slideshow, sheesh! It was taken before I grouted...

• loribee2
    11 years ago

Those are very fun! I like that you turned some of the tiles front side down for added texture. Was that hard to grout? I would have never thought of that!

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Do I recognize some of those tiles? Really looks good, CALAM. What is in your head for your next project? I'm still speaking about your visit year b/f last when people stop and ask to have the garden tour. I always mention how the shrine came to be - also how you helped me grout the back fountain extension. Surely wish you'd make a repeat visit. Also wish you and KLINGER w/meet me in PV in March.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths