Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sydney 'Sculpture By The Sea'

Posted by iminmystudio (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 20:38

On Sunday we went to look at 'Sculpture By The Sea' an annual event where sculptures are placed along a coastal walk at Bondi Beach Sydney, when I saw these I just had to take a photo and show you guys.

mosaic

mosaic

mosaic

Photobucket

totem poll

totem poll

There were about a hundred so I've only posted those I thought appropriate for this forum, I've seen you guys make totem polls and thought they looked fun now that I've seen these up close I want one!
The little house was very strange indeed.

This last one has nothing to do with mosaics but it was my favourite he looks so patient as if he is waiting to be picked up or maybe sad as if he is waiting for someone who isn't coming, it also shows how close to the water this exhibition was the others were on the land side of the path.

my favourite

my favourite

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sydney 'Sculpture By The Sea'

How fun is that? Thanks for the great pictures!

o

Oh my word, how fun are these. That little play house is a dream house. Just loved the reuse of all the play things. It is soooo cool. The totems gives us a whole new spin on uses for dishes. tfs

o

Oh, IN: How fun, indeed, and very inspiring. Thanks for thinking of us. Makes me want to do more totems. The elephant - it looks like that insulating foam strung around an armature. Was there any info on it's construction? Does anyone here know about using that foam free-hand around an armature. Gives me an idea or two. Yes, the last one - he looks so forlorn. Wonderful exhibit.

o

Wonderful stuff!
I said the same about the elephant Slow, and at one time I had done some research on using that foam stuff. I have several cans of it around here.
I checked my bookmarks and can't find it, but I will keep looking.
I love the little guy looking out to sea. Sigh.

o

Thanks for sharing, I love those things...all of them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here