Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glow in dark Address Marker

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 30, 09 at 20:21

Hello there, I've been busy working on a mosaic portrait of my nephew, but decided to take a break and do something different. Here's our new address sign for our front door. I knew I had to change it when I mosaiced the front post.

It's made with wedi board and numbers are glow in the dark organiks recycled tile, i used mini mosaic tile to surround the numbers for more drama, and then used the same colors on my post of mini orange and green glass, and organkis recycled pale sun for the main background. Hope to get a pix soon and show it in at night.

Right now I'm making two number signs for either side of our mailbox. One will be glow in the dark but now sure about the other side. We have a street light shining and I don't think the glow would be effective (and it is too expensive to waste)

Here is a link that might be useful: address number

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glow in dark Address Marker

So very pretty! I would love to see how it glows in the dark.

o

How beautiful is THAT. Nice to see you back, MER - have missed you. Enjoyed seeing your porch posts again too.

o

Hi Slow and China, Thanks, hopefully I will get a pix of the night view soon. I've been trying to post for the last week and could never get past the review button. Got my fingers crossed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here