Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update: Frogbath Countertop

Posted by foxrosefl (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 15, 08 at 20:06

I'm making progress on the countertop. Have had a few 'what was I thinking'-moments but it's coming along. Discovered after cutting/grinding the background ('water') that the groutlines were going to be too tight. I'm used to fine lines with soldering, so had to adjust the cutting lines. Will have to do quite a bit of re-grinding to get the right width (I'm aiming for 1/8' max. I have posted some pix, I took them 'on the fly' just today, sorry about the quality but I think you can see where I am -- what's glass and what's still just paper. It's taking me longer than I thought, I spend a lot of time going through scrap, picking just the right shade. Try to be frugal you know. I'm one of those that cuts up a quare foot of glass just to get that one perfect coloration.... oh well - that's just wishful thinking now. Your comments/suggestions are appreciated. And thanks again to all you talented, likeminded people encouraging each of us. But I guess Bama is the well-deserved star of the group right now!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Frog Bath Countertop

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update: Frogbath Countertop

This is gorgeous!!
I know what you mean on learning to cut smaller. I started out doing copperfoil work too! Now if I use a pattern, I'll go over the lines with a sharpie. I grind to the point that the sharpie is still visible around every piece. That's probably info you already know though.
BTW: I don't consider myself a star *blush*. I started out with this group a couple of years ago. I've learned a lot from these friendly folks..we are all equal in my eyes. ;-)

o

I admire what you are doing. It is going to be awesome when done. I'm still a novice to a lot of the tweeking that is done, so all I can say is way to go.

o

WOW! This is looking sooooo good! All your hard work will really pay off...this is going to be such a beautiful sink/counter!

o

WOW! Holy Shmoly! Gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished!

o

LOVE your color choices!!! This is really amazing, all the detail, you have everyone(pond buddies!lol!) It is really looking good, rah rah..keep going!!!

o

I am in awe! Fantastic work in the detail.
Keep those pictures coming!

o

Count me in awe too !! This is beautiful !

o

Oh my god! Woman this is just unreal! It's a stained glass
stretched over a countertop! too cool!! Your cuts are so perfect, just like in stained glass! you are going to be unreal in mosaics!! Wow! You are amazing! taking notes..too fun to watch! gotta try it!!!!!!!!

o

OHGOODGRIEF!!! Such perfection. This w/be an amazing piece of art. Take a deep bow.

o

Oh wow, that is soooooo beautiful, I love it and you are doing a very fine job Keep those pix coming

o

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your encouragement!! I'm still working on it, unfortunately, life has been interfering with my fun!! UGH! -- Have bought thinset and grout, yeah! Am waiting for DH to finish base - but he has a looong honey-dooo list.... But I have only the two white pond lilies left to cut, will take more pix then. Meanwhile, my fertile mind is working on the next SEVERAL! projects... --- Slow, how is that quilt coming? Bet you have it done already... Any pix?

o

I can't wait to see updated pics! This is going to be a stunning accomplishment! (I know what you mean about ''life'' interfering). I will be watching for updates on this wonderful project!!

o

Anxious to see your counter finished!!

o

Did I hear...more pics?!?! Oh Plz Oh plz...!!!

o

This countertop is incredible, a fine work of art. I can't wait to see more pictures.

o

What a detailed project, it is so beautiful. All those little pieces, you've got to have lot's of patience.Very nice
Cindy

o

Wow. This is going to be amazingly beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here