Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mermaidmosaics

Glow in the dark football for nephew grouted Done

Mermaid
15 years ago

It took me forever to get started on this belated birthday present for my nephew because I knew I wanted to make a football using the scroll saw I got for my birthday. Well it took me many trys but there it is. MDF board with glow in the dark baby blue tile I got from Maryland Mosaics, and glow in the dark Premo clay for his name and cheer. , I tried the dry grout routine and ended up improvising with charcoal, gray and white mixed in together and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I finished the tiles yesterday, the grout today and just need to seal and then maybe coat with acrylic and get it in the mail.. It's amazing to me how long it takes me to come up with an idea on what to do , and then the actual work didn't take half as long, at least for this small project.

Here it is. and surprise, DH took the pix with me on a tripod and turned the flash off, and we got it in the dark, glowing!!! Cool.. since I can't figure out how to post individual pix from flickr yet, you will also be able to see the upstairs bathroom with glow in the dark backsplash!

Here is a link that might be useful: glow in dark football

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz