Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glow in the dark football for nephew grouted Done

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 3, 08 at 19:45

It took me forever to get started on this belated birthday present for my nephew because I knew I wanted to make a football using the scroll saw I got for my birthday. Well it took me many trys but there it is. MDF board with glow in the dark baby blue tile I got from Maryland Mosaics, and glow in the dark Premo clay for his name and cheer. , I tried the dry grout routine and ended up improvising with charcoal, gray and white mixed in together and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I finished the tiles yesterday, the grout today and just need to seal and then maybe coat with acrylic and get it in the mail.. It's amazing to me how long it takes me to come up with an idea on what to do , and then the actual work didn't take half as long, at least for this small project.

Here it is. and surprise, DH took the pix with me on a tripod and turned the flash off, and we got it in the dark, glowing!!! Cool.. since I can't figure out how to post individual pix from flickr yet, you will also be able to see the upstairs bathroom with glow in the dark backsplash!

Here is a link that might be useful: glow in dark football

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glow in the dark football for nephew grouted Done

So cool! Your nephew will love it! What a special gift.

o

He will LOVE it! Very cool.

o

That is REALLY Neat!!! Love the glow tiles!!! And your backsplach glows too...Cool!!! Your Mermaid sink is just beautiful, and did you make the pin up board yourself too!! Lovely! That sink is awesome too!!! I'd love to have a sink like that!

o

You're something else. You really go to town on your ideas. That is REALLY unique, and he w/LOVE it. It was nice to see your album again. Hadn't seen that WONDERFUL Fish Lips. Very clever.

o

Thanks Terikat and Silva, I can't wait to send it to him. WIsh I could see his face when he discovers it's glow in the dark..

Calamity, yes, I fell in love with the glow in the dark tile I got from Maryland Mosaics, and bought it specifically for our bathrooms. I hated having the water splash on our walls, and didn't want to do the whole wall so thought i would try this. Really happy how it turned out and it.

Slow, you are such a doll to say such nice things.

o

Jane,

I forgot, no I didnt' make the bulletin board, wish i was more handy with tools, but think it really needs another dose of the sea with a few little fishes,.. but my list is growing ever longer so don't know when I will get to this one.

next wip mosaic our front post
then mosaic a surfboard
then on to an ever growing list will it ever end, you seasoned mosaic ers??

o

What a cool football. I love it mermaid.

o

The perfect gift for a boy! what a fun project too. You did so good!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here