Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)

texaswild
9 years ago

Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop and broke hip. After five days in Dallas hospital, I'm in Dalla Rehab hospital, making fantastic progress. Can already get out of bed by myself - looking forward to greater achievements and a full recovery. Silva: Please pass the message to Flickr friends. Love and miss y'all.

Comments (44)

• loribee2
    9 years ago

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish you a speedy recovery. Sounds like you are already on your way. Something tells me you aren't the type to stay down for long. :)

• ohtobedone
    9 years ago

Get better soon. Love your work and posts!

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

omgosh! I was just looking for you on Flickr yesterday and noticed how long its been since you posted there. I had a weird feeling something was wrong! I bet you are amazing those PT ppl, show um how to get busy LOL

XOXOXO

• klinger
    9 years ago

Betty, goodness I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad to hear you are on the mend and recuperating so well. I've let Janie know, shes having knee surgery today. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts.
    Cindy

• silvamae
    9 years ago

I have been wondering about you! Thank you so much for the update and it sounds like you are doing so well! Glad you're on the mend. Take care!

• barbfrizzell1955
    9 years ago

Sorry to hear this bad news but I'm happy that you are recuperating so well!!!

• oldcrafty
    9 years ago

Oh NO!!!! Sorry to hear about your accident but I know you will be back up and running soon. Sounds like your off to a good start. You'll probably give those PT folks a work out. Blessings for a speedy recovery.

• brokenbitmosaics
    9 years ago

Yikes, get well soon. Hate you had an accident......said from an accident prone person.

Take care,

• Calamity_J
    9 years ago

Noooooo....that sucks!!!!! I will send off an email soon!!!

• meadel
    9 years ago

:( I'm so so sorry to hear this!!
    Sending healing wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.
    I'm sure you'll use this time planning new art :-)
    Keep us updated .
    Lori

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, yall. Don't have access to Shea's laptop often. Making progress daily. Your prayers are much appreciated.

• silvamae
    9 years ago

Sending positive thoughts for a continued speedy recovery.

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    9 years ago

You're going to have to change your name to Nothing'sgonnaslow……! At least you fell doing something you love!
    Get better

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello, dear friends. continuing to improve and continue to set goals for full recovery. God continues to bless me, and I feel His presence and watch care. Thanks to all of you for continued prayer. I'm now at Shea's house, and w/be going home to Texarkana Dec 8,. Suzie and Brian w/pick me up here, take me home and Suzie w/stay w/me for two weeks. I'm in good hands. Love y'all.

• barbfrizzell1955
    9 years ago

I was thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing and I am so glad to read this and see you are recovering so well!

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

Glad to hear you are home

• silvamae
    9 years ago

Hope all is well at home! Waiting to hear. Take care.

• meadel
    9 years ago

I imagine you're home, safe and sound and enjoying all your creations. Im sure that alone will speed up your recovery.
    Sending best wishes for a joyful holiday.
    Big Hugs to you too :-)

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

I hope you are doing ok sweetie, been thinking about you

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well looky at faithful friends. Thank y'all a million. I'm home since Monday the 8th, and have my daughter Suzie here until next Saturday, when she has to go home to KS. She's the retired nurse, and has organized things to make it easier to get around and function. Hate to see her go. I have PT and OT therapists coming twice a week, and I do my own exercises regularly - three times yesterday. I can feel things improving daily. Thanks again, y'all for remembering me.

• barbfrizzell1955
    9 years ago

I am so happy your recovery is going so well!

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

good to hear. I was just thinking about you while I read this article . so sad to think this woman's life's work is degrading

Here is a link that might be useful: http://hyperallergic.com/168575/a-single-woman-is-a-witch-battling-to-save-the-art-environment-of-mary-nohl/

• GregNow
    9 years ago

Glad to hear you're doing good. We are looking forward to your future posts. Happy Holidays!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, NT. How very sad indeed about Mary Nohl's work. Why are people so cruel? What a brave woman she must have been to live independently amidst all the criticism and attitudes. Bless her soul.

My friends, I thank you for remembering me. I continue to get better every day. Y'll have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

Same to you Betty!

• emtnest
    9 years ago

Hi Slow. So sorry to have heard about your fall but so happy to hear you are improving now! Have a wonderful Christmas and be blessed!!! Hugs, Dottie

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello, EMT: How nice to get your message. Y'all - it's really touching to feel y'all's concern. JaneyBo sent me a message that even on Facebook people are asking about me. That brought tears to my eyes. It's amazing that people I've never met are interested. I humbly bow to all of you. Hugs to everyone.

• silvamae
    9 years ago

Yes, I saw someone on Facebook asking about you; they called you "that wonderwoman."

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

you are famous!

• emtnest
    9 years ago

You are definitely full of perseverance Miss Slow!!! Keep it up!!

• bamasusanna
    9 years ago

Hey Slow!!
    You've been on my mind today so I popped over here to see what you were doing. Dang woman!! You done broke a hip!?!
    Lawd have mercy, Hope you're up and about soon.
    Love ya!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well hello stranger. Glad you followed your instinct to contact me. Yep - did a stupid thing and got myself in trouble, but not for long. I'm determined to recover fully and to go dancing again. It's been 2 1/2 months, and I'm doing beautifully. I'm gonna be one of the 20% of my age who doesn't give up and die. Don't have time to die. I do my exercises daily and think VERY positively. Am seeing the dr. in Dallas on Wed., and I expect a good report and permission to put more weight on my leg - maybe full weight - w/the walker, of course. I'm continuing my art work onthe kitchen table. I forgot how to post a picture, but I'll put one in Flickr - my name there is ratherbmosaicing. Thanks for thinking of me - how nice to be in someone's thoughts.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Quick note - don't like health stuff, but wanted y'all to know the dr. gave me a clean bill of health yesterday - completely healed - the bone - said it's as strong as it ever w/be, and that I can put full weight on my leg. Still need therapy to learn to walk again w/o the walker, so I'll double up on the exercises for that leg. Yeeeeeeeeah - w/God's help, I DID IT - in only 2 1/2 months. Yeeeehaw - those boots won't be standing idle long now.

• barbfrizzell1955
    9 years ago

YIPPEE...That's fantastic news Betty!

• emtnest
    9 years ago

Awesome news! You're such an inspiration to so many!!

• Mermaid
    9 years ago

Ohmygosh Slow!! I haven't been over here in a long time but was wondering about you. I hated hearing you broke your hip.. but thrilled to hear you are back to your ole dancing self!! Good for you. Keep on moving....

I just cannot keep up with all this social media..

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Happy to report that yesterday I drove the Jeep for the first time. Easy peasy. Going out again for the next three days - grocery shopping at Walmart, two dr's appts. the next two days. A friend is going w/me today, but after today, I'll be solo flying. Hip is soooooo much better, but the old back is the problem, which never gets better - just worse. Still thanking God for my quick healing - just three months ago, I didn't think I'd be this far along. Thanks for y'all's prayers and concerns. Keep up the good work, mosaicists - you're still the best.

• barbfrizzell1955
    9 years ago

That is great news Betty! I am so happy for you!

• nicethyme
    9 years ago

you are amazing!

• Mermaid
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Yes. we're so happy you are moving along towards total recovery..your back included. You go Slow..!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's wonderful to see y'all's support. I give God all the credit for my fast recovery. Shea says, yes and the old McNaughton stubborness. As painful as life is at 80, I wanted it back, so worked hard to get here. Still have a long time to go b/f complete recovery - they tell me it takes a year. I'm working on it. A friend and I made cardboard/joint compound crowns yesterday. While I worked on the kitchen table through the last month/two, it's nice to be back in my workshop playing w/my toys. Thanks, ladies.

• fiddlekate
    9 years ago

Just checked this board after several years.... and I'm so glad to see familiar names! Glad for your healing news, too, Slow! Always glad to be back to working in your own space! You are such an inspiration!!! Positive thoughts for less than a year! :)

• nanatricia
    8 years ago

Well I am sorry to say have not been here in a very long time .Sorry about your fall.Looks like you are doing good .

Sponsored
Expert Cabinetry Refinishing & Refacing in Loudoun County