Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I finally got my JOY back!

Posted by addiesue (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 29, 09 at 19:10

Hi everyone....hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Thanks Giving. Ours was very busy and filled with lots of family and friends which is always nice.

I needed a fresh change after the last project which was a very large door. So I chose a picture with birds and another birdhouse (my favorite subjects). I finally finished it and got it hung today. It's approx. 21"x24" and I crafted the frame to mimic twisted wood. I kind of wish I had used a lighter stain on it only because my kitchen cabinets are a light stain...but, it still works. Hope you like it.

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Sweet Home

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I finally got my JOY back!

WOW!!!!! that is so pretty .How did you make the frane?

o

Addiesue this is gorgeous. How did you do the twisted wood part. Is this a wide frame and u added to it? However u did it job well done.

Kat

o

Wow...that is amazing!

o

That is really pretty I would also love to know how you did the frame.

o

Great Job!!! Lovely!!! Yes, how did you make the frame??? LOVE the ball chain!

o

I LOVE your work. I always enjoy seeing the shape of your glass pieces. The shapes make your subject so life-like. Your leaves are especially well fashioned. I'll just bet the frame was made using your paper/dry wall mud technique????? Well done, girlie. Love the birdhouse.

o

Hi everyone....I'm glad you like it. Yes, Slow you are absolutely right....lol. The frame is a framed made out of 1x2s and the faux wood is made out of newspaper coated with mud (wall texture) and then rolled like a cigar and twisted like a rope. Then I placed each one on the frame, over lapping each other. I let it cure in front of an electric heater for 4 days, then painted and sealed it. I painted it entirely with black paint first and then mixed a little mahogany stain with some brown acrylic paint and lightly brushed it on. If I try another frame like this I want to try a lighter stain with maybe a dark mustard colored acrylic to mimic a twisted pine.

Thank you again!

Addiesue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here