Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Types of mosaic patterns

Posted by tobytub (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 18:22

What exactly is the technique called Opus vermiculatum? Is it just for Roman type mosaics.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Types of mosaic patterns

Opus refers to the pattern and the second word after opus indicates which pattern. vermiculatum can be descibed as following the lines of the subjects in curving or winding manner. it helps create a sense of movement because the courses appear continuous

RE: Types of mosaic patterns

I don't know if you're still looking for answers but here is a like that I found useful .

Here is a link that might be useful: ANDAMENTO

RE: typo

I mean .. a link ( I like ) lol

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here