Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic of Fish

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 18:17

I just finished grouting this one, 5.5 inches x 2 feet, stained glass on Plexiglass. If I upload the picture here, it is giant sized, so I will include a link to my blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's bog - Fish Mosaic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic of Fish

Very pretty .How thick is your pg?

o

Thanks, Nanatricia. It's the 1/4" Plexiglass. It works great. The thinner version has too much flex to be used as a mosaic substrate, but this 1/4" is perfect.

o

Silva. its gorgeous! great composition

o

Gorgeous! Love those colors! And those lips!!!! WOW!!! CUTE!I just LOOOOVE GOG!

o

Thank you, Nice and Calamity. Haha, I love fish lips too.

o

As always SilvaMae, your work is gorgeous! It's funny, we had a conversation at Thanksgiving about fish lips because my family members are all big fans of the movie "Mr. Limpet". Those were some fish lips! :)

o

These are beautiful! I'm sorry if you've said before and I missed it, but what do you do with them? Do you frame them?

o

Beautiful panel, SILVA. The blue stands out beautifully. Lots of texture in there too. I've never done a GOG/plexi - probably not patient enough to be sure and cover all the surfaces w/the adhesive, so I'd have major grout bleed. Nope - gonna leave that you all you pros.

o

I love the shape of your glass pieces - they look like beautiful fish scales ! Where are you putting it ?

o

Thank you, all. I will leave them as is and if someone buys one, they could have it framed. I will take them to another Open House, on December 8, and have them for sale. The first dragonfly did sell at the last Open House.

My house has lots of big windows and narrow wall spaces in between. So that's where they will hang if they don't sell. Please go back to my blog and see my latest, another dragonfly. There are two views, one with the light shining through, and one positioned against a wall facing the light. These look good either way, but different.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's latest

o

That's just plain danged beautiful, SILVA. I like it better w/the light shining through - all those beautiful colors really make a wonderful background for this piece.

o

gorgeous, you have such a wonderful macro/abstracty thing going with the background - its superb

o

Silva, these are so beautiful! I absolutely love your work.

o

Your work is just beautiful! I'm a lurker on this site and am in awe of your work!!

o

So so pretty!!

o

Slow, Nice, Lori, and Oh, thank you so much for commenting. Y'all's feedback is so important.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here