Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Mosaic of Fish

silvamae
11 years ago

I just finished grouting this one, 5.5 inches x 2 feet, stained glass on Plexiglass. If I upload the picture here, it is giant sized, so I will include a link to my blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's bog - Fish Mosaic

Comments (16)

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

Very pretty .How thick is your pg?

• silvamae
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Nanatricia. It's the 1/4" Plexiglass. It works great. The thinner version has too much flex to be used as a mosaic substrate, but this 1/4" is perfect.

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

Silva. its gorgeous! great composition

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Love those colors! And those lips!!!! WOW!!! CUTE!I just LOOOOVE GOG!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Nice and Calamity. Haha, I love fish lips too.

• ItsmeChickadee
    11 years ago

As always SilvaMae, your work is gorgeous! It's funny, we had a conversation at Thanksgiving about fish lips because my family members are all big fans of the movie "Mr. Limpet". Those were some fish lips! :)

• loribee2
    11 years ago

These are beautiful! I'm sorry if you've said before and I missed it, but what do you do with them? Do you frame them?

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Beautiful panel, SILVA. The blue stands out beautifully. Lots of texture in there too. I've never done a GOG/plexi - probably not patient enough to be sure and cover all the surfaces w/the adhesive, so I'd have major grout bleed. Nope - gonna leave that you all you pros.

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

I love the shape of your glass pieces - they look like beautiful fish scales ! Where are you putting it ?

• silvamae
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, all. I will leave them as is and if someone buys one, they could have it framed. I will take them to another Open House, on December 8, and have them for sale. The first dragonfly did sell at the last Open House.

My house has lots of big windows and narrow wall spaces in between. So that's where they will hang if they don't sell. Please go back to my blog and see my latest, another dragonfly. There are two views, one with the light shining through, and one positioned against a wall facing the light. These look good either way, but different.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's latest

• texaswild
    11 years ago

That's just plain danged beautiful, SILVA. I like it better w/the light shining through - all those beautiful colors really make a wonderful background for this piece.

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

gorgeous, you have such a wonderful macro/abstracty thing going with the background - its superb

• loribee2
    11 years ago

Silva, these are so beautiful! I absolutely love your work.

• ohtobedone
    11 years ago

Your work is just beautiful! I'm a lurker on this site and am in awe of your work!!

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

So so pretty!!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Slow, Nice, Lori, and Oh, thank you so much for commenting. Y'all's feedback is so important.