Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ia

Mosaic Shoes

becky_ia
12 years ago

Hello from Iowa!

Been a pretty long time since I have posted anything and it feels great to be back to working on any mosaic!

A couple of weekends ago, my husband's nephew's wife (Barbara) and a friend (Amanda) who is an elementary art teacher asked if they could come to learn how to mosaic a "shoe". Well, I have never done one, but am always willing for a new challenge and said yes. So the week before, I hunted in every second hand store I could for suitable shoes. I researched what to do with them in preparation (used Laurel Skye's book). Filled the toes with thinset, and rigid wrapped them three times.

So they came Friday night and we worked a couple of hours. Saturday put in about ten hours. Grouted and cleaned them up on Sunday (another two hours) so they were able to take them home with them Sunday afternoon.

Here are pictures of all three. I am very pleased with both gals shoes, as this was their very first mosaic and I thought they turned out fantastic! I asked then if I could share with everyone here, and they said sure!

Becky

Comments (6)

Sponsored