Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
addiesue_gw

GOG - Sunflowers and Chickadees

addiesue
13 years ago

Hello...I just finished a custom order and wanted to share it with you. It's of the subject that I love to mosaic the most, birds and flowers. It's done in an arch and measures 40"x20". I've never mailed an arched window before so that should be challenging. Wish me luck! I hope it makes it there in one piece.

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunflowers and Chickadees

Comments (8)

• texaswild
    13 years ago

OHGOODGRIEFGOODGRIEFGOODGRIEF!!!!!!!! That is soooooooo beautiful. Girlie - you are G.O.O.D.!!!!! Pack that sucker well, and then pack it again. When I was traveling around the world in my job, and the movers w/come to pack us out for transfer, I would let them pack real fragile, very antique Kerosene lamps REALLY well, then I'd say - pack it again. Never lost a one, except a globe that I hadn't as carefully packed. Pack it twice. That's a real beauty.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

That is so pretty .The only thing I have packed is cross and it made it there in one piece

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Wow! That is beautiful. Yes, as Slow said, pack it twice. Double boxes work quite well. How are you going to ship it? UPS?

• addiesue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Slowmedown...you warm my heart! I mailed it FedEx today. It was a huge box and when I got done I had styrofoam in my hair, up my nose, on my clothes, clinging to the carpet and the walls....it was a mess! But, it's packed and double packed so hopefully it gets there ok. Thank you for the advice on packing/repacking and double boxing it. I probably would have just wrapped it with bubble wrap a couple dozen times and then spent the next 3 days beating myself up over it..lol. Atleast now, I know it has a fighting chance!

Addiesue

• becky_ia
    13 years ago

GOOD GRIEF for sure! WOW this is stunning! What a beautiful piece. I can't wait to hear what your clients think. How far did it have to go?

becky

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Oh I hope they send you a pic of it in it's new home, and you get to post that for us too!!! Lovely!!!

• addiesue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ohhh, I feel like I'm going to be sick! I just got an email from my client and she said, "We received it today and absolutely LOVE it. The problem is that the glass on the back is cracked all the way across. It was through no fault of the packaging, it was the fault of FEDEX. There is a large puncture in the front of the box. I've contacted FedEx and filed a claim. I told them I would do the paperwork. Viewing from the front, you would need to look hard to see the cracks, but from the back, it's very obvious. Hopefully this will be settled soon."

So, not sure what they will want to do but I feel bad that she is having to deal with the aftermath.

Addiesue

• texaswild
    13 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS! That w/make anyone sick. Ohhhhhhhhh yes - a BIG claim. What a danged shame!!!