Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Katrina's Bench

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 16:27

Hope to graduate my student on Saturday. She finished sculpting the bench yesterday, and the next session w/be the mortaring technique. After I show her that one just two of the legs, she'll take it home to finish. It's much too heavy to work on my table, and taking it home w/give her more time to play w/it. She is so talented, I can hardly wait to see her mosaics. The female side w/have three eyes, Hindu style. I can just see a Petunia growing out of the trunk opening. She was imagining a water feature, and the trunk as the spout - feet standing in a pond for the basin. Her imagination is a delight to see unfold.
Student's work

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Katrina's Bench

WoW! H.U.G.E.!!!! Very Cool looking! I hope she will post more WIP pics...you gotta tell her that that is part of: The Slowmedown School of Art Creation!!!

o

She's not a member - I took the picture, and w/keep y'all informed. As she makes progress, I'm sure she'll email me the results. I'll send her a link to the GW and see if she is interested in joining.

o

Hello! I made it to membership!!!! Thanks for the feedback!! Betty is such a wonderful instructor!!! Looking forward to completing the class, but Betty i do hope you and i can still have a mosaic session or two.

o

DUH!!!

o

LOL welcome Kateratagen! this is really fantastic, lucky you for getting such an awesome teacher!

o

WhooHoo! Add another one to the Garden Web Ranks!!! YES! What a great start too! Welome and hope you post some "Work in Progress" pictures! We LOVE that!

o

Awesome project! And, welcome to GW! Slow is the best!!!

o

We got the legs and small upper parts of the heads done yesterday - one bag of mortar mix. Nameless w/be moved to it's home over the weekend. I'm gonna miss seeing the progress - boo hoo, so w/depend on pictures here to keep us up to date.

o

that sounds like a petty strong hint Kateratagen

o

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what a project....and to have Slow working with you is to drool over! Please post pics of your progress and welcome aboard!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here