Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a friend's work....

Posted by aka_strawberrygoat (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 16:14

a neighbor friend, watercolorist and fellow painter did this collage of her mother in law, for her 80th birthday, who is now 90, I had to take a couple picture of it this, this morning, so I could drive home, upload it and share it with you..

every season of the year, she makes posters for the local library and this is one that has no season connected to it but she spends hours, searching for the right pieces from her dozens and dozens of folders of cut paper, from magazines, cards, folders, brochures, maps, junk mail and whatever catches her eye.

sketching out a rough draft, she makes a large work of art, finishing it with borders, she goes to the copy center and has it all copied, reduced and matted.
then, she sends out a couple hundred to friends and family for the ocassion and the one large special one is displayed in a glass case at the library.
the hours she spends is incredible..this one was in her portolio and I just especially like it..

she's never done mosaic with glass or anything but paper...
whatcha think of this amazing work?

Becky...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a friend's work....

Oh my goodness - the lady is so talented. Have a friend here in Texarkana that does this type of art. I love it. Just think what she'd be able to do in glass mosaics.

o
RE: a friend's work....

This is so beautiful! I have seen some in fabric as well, but this lady dose have a real talent!!!Thank you for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here