wicked COOL

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 14, 11 at 16:08

love this floor!

Here is a link that might be useful: penny floor

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wicked COOL

I love it too, but think I'd get waaaay too bored to mosaic pennies on such a large area. 'course, it could be done on mesh. There's a member of Flickr who did this, and it is spectacular. Wish I could remember who. Guess you could do a search.

o

I love the shades of copper. Can you imagine all the crumbs and stains that could go between the pennies ?
There I go -- thinking practical again...

o

Toomuch, its grouted though.

Slow, yep, after I posted this at face book someone (cindiloo) showed me the one on flickr.. amazing

o

I wonder if they poured Resin on top.

o

It's very cool, and I agree with Slow I'd be bored of doing so much the same. A labor of love perhaps?

o

yeah but it is a dazzle sight to behold

o

I love it!

o

I didn't even realize there was grout in there ! It's so neat . I guess I'm used to seeing my sloppiness . LOL

o

Boring and super cool all at the same time!!! I love it.....but would never do it. Crumbs, boredom, and seeing circles in my sleep would be enough to discourage me from that project!!

o

I like the bowling ball idea for a base to put pennies on,but I do remember that lovely bathroom one too! I like pennies! I think they are cool too!

o

That is really a neat idea...Janie, I've done two bowling balls w/pennies...years ago and they are still completely intact after several years in the weather.

o

Pennies used to be worth something! I remember my Memere had big jars of them in her pantry that she was slowly filling and at one point, after many years, she went to Spain!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here