Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stained Glass Picture Frame

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 15, 09 at 16:01

Hi, guys! I am almost finished with the big glass totem, but I veered off course this week to do some picture frames that will be for sale in the spa where my daughter works. I didn't even take pictures of them and they're all gone now. I did each one in just one color with Swarovski crystal accents. However, this one I did with scrap glass of different thickness and all jumbled together with no regard for grout allowance or grout creep. Inspired by that web site I posted awhile back called "Ear of the Wind."

Eclectic 5x5 frame from scrap Vancouver glass

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stained Glass Picture Frame

You know I have seen a lot mosaic frames but that one is just so cool!!! I realy like it a lot.

o

That is really really pretty.

o

This is very pretty. What color is the grout. In the pic it looks silver. But it is very shiny.

Kat

o

The grout is pewter. Then I sponged over everything randomly with a natural sea sponge using metallic copper and bronze acrylic paint. Then I wiped off some of the pieces and left the paint on other pieces. Then, I varnished over all of it with Liquitex gloss varnish.

o

Oh.. it's free... and it's gorgeous!!! I love all of the colors and textures!!!

o

You clever, clever girl!
That is beautiful!

o

I really REALLY like the finish on this piece!!!! Thanks for the tip on the Liquitex. Looks like a product I may use. Hopefully it's available in Canada.

o

Another beauty. You really know how to put colors together to get the best results.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here