Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathyscache

King Salmon-WIP

cathyscache
12 years ago

Life (tgiving/snow/Cmas decorating/etc)has got in the way this last week and I have been unable to do any work. But all is done and this morning I got back to work, 2nd fish for bathroom, so anxious to get this one done and on the wall so I can get back to the rock wall. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

Here is a link that might be useful: King Salmon-WIP

Comments (8)

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Looking good! It reminds me of the salmon I did that I made for my son..who left it here at my place when he moved back out, so am assuming he doesn't want it...just like all the stuff I made my DD is here too. Oh well, I now know that I won't be making them anything else.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

ooh, pretty glass choice Cathy.

Jane, thats terrible - those two are going to regret that oneday

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thx U 2!! CALAM, NICE is right too bad for them..hopefully they will wise up and ask for them...someday they will be thankful...kids don't always live up to our expectations..and sometimes they surprise us!!

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    12 years ago

done w/tiling ready to grout both fish and get them on the walls so I can get back to the walls

Here is a link that might be useful: King ready to grout

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Anxiously watching this project. Goooooooooo CATHY!!!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Turned out cool!!

• silvamae
    12 years ago

Cathy and Jane, love your fishes! Haha, I hear ya about our people sometimes not appreciating our work! We had a visitor this past holiday weekend who we took in to live with us when her mom threw her out of the house at age 14; she is now 44. She walked over to my enormous space mosaic that I spent hundreds of hours on, and said 'Huh, I thought it was a painting,' then walked away. Well, my husband was mightily offended that she didn't have any kind words for it, but I just let it roll off my back. Some people just have no appreciation of our art. My son doesn't think much of my mosaics either ... I kind of look to strangers for any interest my mosaics might generate.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The King salmon wall is ready grout..working on the Red salmon wall..the red is hung and one of the handprints is above the urinal...ran out of tiles (order on it's way)...and am running out of rocks..need to go to the beach but we've been having such crappy weather!! Snow, wind , more snow, rain, more wind and snow!! It been keeping by butt in the plow and away from my work!! I really wanted to get it done before my hubby comes home but it's doubtful I will. But I keep plugging along every minute I can..this one has been fun!...I'm very lucky Silva both my son and my grandson love my work..my grandson can't wait to get home everyday to see what I've got done...this house will be his someday so I'm sure glad he likes it!! LOL!!!...

Here is a link that might be useful: King Wall ready to grout

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022