Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldcrafty

Here Fishy Fishy

oldcrafty
10 years ago

Another piece I am working on.

It's a GOG and is really testing me! I have tried multiple colors to use to fill in now and nothing seems to work. Blues are totally out.....looks awful! Besides catfish are bottom feeders in lakes and rivers and that water is no where near blue. Greens makes the fish disappear.... I had one lady suggest black. Opinions please! I have to finish the fins yet and I am not happy with my grasses but at this point they have to stay as the glue is mighty tight! For someone that has been scared to tackle designs I have jumped off and got both feet wet .....and so much for starting with something simple. I asked several local people that do mosaics for a suggestion on how to do a fish and how to start. They said they would not attempt the picture I was showing them that I wanted to do. So all you pros.....have I started the right way or can you tell me what I might want to do differently next project. By the way it will not be hung so that light will go thru it, it will be framed and hang against the wall.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions