Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here Fishy Fishy

Posted by oldcrafty (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 15:39

Another piece I am working on.
 photo eaf249be-120f-425b-9c8f-88271d500c92.jpg

It's a GOG and is really testing me! I have tried multiple colors to use to fill in now and nothing seems to work. Blues are totally out.....looks awful! Besides catfish are bottom feeders in lakes and rivers and that water is no where near blue. Greens makes the fish disappear.... I had one lady suggest black. Opinions please! I have to finish the fins yet and I am not happy with my grasses but at this point they have to stay as the glue is mighty tight! For someone that has been scared to tackle designs I have jumped off and got both feet wet .....and so much for starting with something simple. I asked several local people that do mosaics for a suggestion on how to do a fish and how to start. They said they would not attempt the picture I was showing them that I wanted to do. So all you pros.....have I started the right way or can you tell me what I might want to do differently next project. By the way it will not be hung so that light will go thru it, it will be framed and hang against the wall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here Fishy Fishy

Maybe a light, light orange/rust?

o

I vote for black, perhaps shading to something lighter near the top. Excellent fish!

o

I like the shading lighter idea....never thought of that and that is exactly why I knew I needed to ask on this forum. Thanks

o

I think he looks fantastic. You might maybe look at a very light shade of the tan you have at the bottom in a wispy shade with white swirled in...Black or gray would be very dramatic, I would like that too.

o

There are many light colors of stain glass and even a clear with texture to make it look like water.

o

Great job on the fish, CRAFTY. You're on a roll. I knew this would happen, once you got over your fear. Let me tell you - your addiction is gonna get much worse. Stay w/it, you'll figure it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here