Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Jeannie's Village House 2

texaswild
11 years ago

Making another house for my best friend Jeannie's garden village. Got the sculpture finished, but am too busy today/tomorrow to crete it. Am making this to look like my 50s ranch style house until I got to the back. Roof went wonky, and I changed the garage door window to a glass door - w/have curtains, of course, and made patio furniture. The table top w/be mosaiced, and the front door w/be mosaiced like mine. Also w/have blue shutters and window boxes on the front. The patio furniture w/be concreted onto a tiled floor. Wish I could find doll house hanging plants to hang on the roof of the patio. The roof dips on the right corner, so think I'll add a post under it. Haven't looked yet for doll house accessories.
Jeannie's House 2

Comments (18)

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

Man that is going to be to cool!! I really need to get my self in gear.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Even has furniture!!!WOW! I have been working on my plain Jane tower for my light fixture and man, It is tough going!...you make it look so easy, sheesh!
    Bowing to The Queen!!!

• silvamae
    11 years ago

Amazing. I don't know how you do so much! One day I will attempt this.

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

oooh wow,,, this is wicked cool!, love the furniture

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nixed the homemade furniture and went w/a $15.00 Doll House Patio Set. Painted the curtains w/glass paint. Hope to grout tomorrow and cut the floor from Hardibacker board and prepare for tiling it. Anxious to get this puppy finished.
    Jeannie's Village House - Ungrouted

• silvamae
    11 years ago

Wow, that is SO cool. and that furniture is perfect for it.

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

OMG you are so fast !!! Loving it!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, you two. NANA: I don't think I'm fast at all. I'm so sick of problems w/this project. A new artist friend has monitored it for the last few days, and when I welcomed him into the garage yesterday w/the usual hug, he sat down to look. THEN he said "hmmmmm - this roof dips". I wanted to toss him off that stool and take my hug back. Said I, "EXCUUUUUUUSSSSE ME??? - Of COURSE it dips - the name of this house is ""Crooked L'il House, and it's old and tired just like I am, BRAT"". He then ammended his remark to "yes, I've seen many OLD houses w/dipping roof tops". Not that I can't take criticism, but GEESH. It is HE who has commissioned a Medicine Wheel - we'll make it together, and I'll see how PERFECT his work will be. Grrrrr. LOL - it was all in fun, but.......

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

LOL @ your reaction to your friend! I love that the roof dips, mostly because noting I make is ever without quirks. This thing is so dang amazing... painted curtains, lighted interior! I marvel at the glass shingling and bricks... fantastic... have you a picture of her garden village somewhere?

• silvamae
    11 years ago

Slow, everything I do has problems. I never think ahead. I struggle with making things straight and come out even (they never do). Yesterday on this wall hanging I'm making, we screwed some screws in from the back and they pierced the front of the thing unintentionally. Then I forgot to put the hanging mechanism on before I did this fragile work on the front and now I'll probably break something when I install it. Sigh. It usually comes out okay but I make it hard on myself! And when my husband walks up and squints at it and says "It's not straight," I'm all "Grrrrrrr!"

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sounds like me and my mistakes, SILVA. NT - I've NEVER seen a quirk on any of your projects. Re pics of the village, Jeannie hasn't set the village up yet. She's waiting for Spring. She has a bed prepared for it. Also she's sorta waiting for her husband Bill to buy the Garden Railroad too, so she'll have the whole plan in mind b/f she starts. She wants a railroad station that allows the train to run under the cover. Oh brother - she's gonna have to draw that one out for me. Bill's train room is as big as my house. I'm thinking I'll let them build the station, tunnels, bridges. The thing could really grow big.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So sick of this project. Probably the worst grouting nightmare YET.
    Jeannie's Village Crooked L'il House Finished

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

O my I sure do like it !!!!I think it looks great!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Nana. So glad it's finished.

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

I LOVE it!!! there's nothing you can't do

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ohhhhhhhh - pooh on that. I told my DD my next project should be an Altoid box. This project was a real challenge.

• phish_gw
    11 years ago

the little flowerboxes!

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

It is so awesome! Love the patio furniture too!lol! Adorable! And it does look like your place! I am suprised it doesn't have a mini Cleo out front!lol!

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz