Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pics

Posted by astara (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 14:21

The mask is a project for my brother. It is the project I am trying to finish w/the brown colors I am looking for. The mirror is a donation for a Private School auction and It is almost compete - I just have to place the mirror in the middle. I am trying to decide if I should bring the black design up on the mirror or not. It has hinges because it is an old cupboard door so if someone wants they can hang it in the kitchen or bathroom on their cupboard.

Here is a link that might be useful: mosaic pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pics

i didnt see a picture of the rootbeer or caramel tiles,, from the pictures the dark tiles look black,, can you do a close up of what you are looking for

o

I must have worded wrong. I have not used them on this project yet. I want to finish the face with them I will post pics of the tiles I have left under the Colors post I did earlier.

o

Love the mirror, and that's a great idea of bringing the design into the mirror. Great mask too.

o

Do You cut glass? That mask would look so cool with the rest done in mirror!! Love the mirror you are working on too! Good Job!

o

The mirror is a good idea calamity. And I have plenty of shattered mirror as my neighbors drop it by whenever they break glass or mirror. I have not had much luck cutting glass. Do not have the funds to by the cool saw and the dinky glass cutter I bought is really hard to maneuver. I have a friend who dabbles in stained glass and he said he would teach me to use it better after the holidays - he is a Ups man!

o

great mask. you seem to have finished the project you needed tiles for.
anyway... i bought my tiles from thecraftkit.com here in Europe.
couldn't find cheaper ones in my country - Romania.
CALIN

o

Lovely mirror! astara-those tiles look on my computer like the colors that Hobby Lobby sells in a multipack at their stores. Its a brown mix of 4 different colors If you have one nearby its worth checking out.
Cant wait to see what you do with the mirror btw!
Jane what have you been up too? Slow good to "see" you, LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here