Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardencrone_gw

Strandboard MG Progress

gardencrone
14 years ago

Well, I started a project on strandboard before I checked out whether it was going to be a reasonable choice. So...here is the start of it and if it only lasts a short time....well, I've had fun anyway. This is something my husband made from boards he pulled out of a dumpster. It is located in "potting" area behind the house and I plan to "dress" it up with pots and maybe a window above.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15975307@N06/4086109823/

Comments (11)

• becky_ia
    14 years ago

Oh, this is goine to be so cool! Can't wait to see it finished. What color will you make the background? and grout?

becky

• gardencrone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The background, Becky, is going to be muted beige as I wanted an almost monochromatic look. The grout will be the same, except on the dragonfly on the front and the butterfly on the top I think I will do in white on the wings which are a special white luminiscent color. Thanks for your comments. (former MN-ite)

• kacram
    14 years ago

very cool looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: direct link

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OHMYGOSH!!! That's wonderful. Lots of work into this already. Hope it lasts a looooooong time for you.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Very cool!!! Nice job....look forward to seeing it finished

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Very nice! I too, hope it lasts a long time for you.

• iminmystudio
    14 years ago

I love it, can't wait to see it finished.

• gardencrone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all you fabulous mosaic artists!!! I am in awe of your work and watch you work and am inspired. I appreciate your kind comments, it spurs me on. DH covered it with a tarp tonight so that if we do get a storm (Tropical Depression) that it shouldn't get too wet. Later this week will take photos of the dragonfly and the top of the box. Got to use some very special bling for the wings, but is so low, that it doesn't really reflect....BUT I KNOW. :)

• gardencrone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

On Flickr, I am not sure that I am adding the hyperlink. Ah well. I finally made it back to my mower garage and spent the day working on the top. Pretty fun, changes along the way, but that is to be expected. Seems to have a life of its own. May rain tomorrow, but if it doesn't I am going to start adding the filler tess. Think it will just be simple.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flickr

• texaswild
    14 years ago

BEAUTIFUL - that sucker is huge w/WOW power. Referring to my original response to you on your other thread, I said "there was no evidence of deterioration on my cedar pedestal", or something to that effect. LET ME CORRECT THAT. When I was seeing FLAG off yesterday I happened to examine the pedestal. There were cracks in the grout all over the place. I've just finished brushing it down w/water to clean, and re-grouted it. I don't think it would have lasted thru the winter. Waiting to give it a vinegar cleaning now and I'm pooped. Hope I get five more years w/it. This picture was taken about four yrs. ago, I THINK. Do hope your beautiful work w/last. What a pain in the patooty to have to re-grout old stuff.

• gardencrone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Slow. If we can get 5 years of pleasure out of it, and I can learn more about the craft by making mistakes, I will be happy. Right now I have been putting some many hours in work that to have a few hours to sit and glue tess was a JOY! It seems to help me balance and touch back into my garden and the great outdoors. PERFECT. Thanks for your thoughtful ways of being.

Sponsored