Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Space Mosaic Done!

silvamae
12 years ago

Here are all three panels done ... 7 ft. x 2 ft.

Stained glass, vintage jewelry, amethyst, pearls, dichroic glass, beads, polished stones, black grout

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's Flickr page

Comments (11)

• emtnest
    12 years ago

Wowza that's nice...where is it going to be installed?

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

Holey Moley !!! My jaw dropped !
    WHere is it going to be installed ?

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

SPECTACULAR!!!!!! applause applause

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Yep all the above!!!! Love it!!!!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Take a bow, girlie: That's terrific. It has so much detail. Whatcha gonna do next - after all this work?

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

WOW what a showing of talent!!!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I sure thought I answered this thread, but it's not here now (?). I may have a buyer for the space mosaic, and if that doesn't work out, I plan to take it to a local gallery and see how that goes, and if that doesn't work out either, then I'll just keep it; I have one wall where it could go. Then my granddaughters will have to deal with it someday, hahaha. My next project is a large outdoor sign for a local business. You can see it on my blog. He is having the sign delivered to me on Tuesday (Nov. 22) and we will just prop it up on my back porch. I have already bought the glass (all black and white) and the Wedi board. So that's my next big project. Thank you all for looking and commenting and most of all, the encouragement.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

nipping glass and baking pumpkin pie - my kinda holiday !!! lol

good luck with the sign. Now that I've had my house sided, I need to do the house number and my husband is good for it to be a mosaic...

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Great job on this, so unique!

• EABdesign
    12 years ago

Very nice indeed. Looks heavy... good thing it's in multiple panels.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nicethyme and Calamity, thanks so much for your comments. EABdesign, that's the beauty of my substrate -- these pieces look heavy, but they're not. I took a stretched canvas, turned it over, cut a 1/8" piece of birch plywood to fit, then glued the plywood to the back of the piece, onto the wooden stretchers of the canvas, then screwed the plywood to the stretchers for additional stability, then mosaiced onto the plywood. So the pieces, while they look heavy, are actually hollow. If this does not make sense, come back here and I will try to explain further.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus