Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Glass on glass totem - work in progress

silvamae
14 years ago

HereÂs the glass on glass totem IÂm working on. It will be grouted with charcoal or black grout. IÂm using stained glass from that small stained glass factory in Vancouver, WA that closed. For glue, I am using GE Silicone II clear for windows/doors. Four pieces will be stacked together and glued and it will be displayed outdoors.

Bottom half closeup:

Bottom half:

Top half closeup:

Top half:

Comments (16)

• texasfern
    14 years ago

That is awesome! Tis the season for lots of colorful glass!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It is colorful, isn't it? But as I found when I did the little obelisk for my friend, the dark grout will tone it down quite a lot and then, when the light shines through it, it will look mysterious (hopefully).

• katishooked
    14 years ago

This is going to be gorgeous. I'll be waiting to see them all stacked together.

Kat

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OOOOOOOOO la la! How beautiful already. OHHHH YES - dark grout. In case you didn't get my email re your gift to me, I have a box ready to take to the post office today - a thank you gift for your thoughtfulness.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks y'all! It's going fast so hopefully I will be posting pictures in the next week or so. I can't wait to get it all put together. Slow, I did get your email and you shouldn't have but I'm glad you did and I look forward to getting the box.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

So beautiful SILVA: Just lovely lovely. So colorful and eye catching.....can't wait to see it all done...

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Oh Silva, that is really pretty. Can't wait to see it finished.

Donna in Florida

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is the largest piece, grouted. There are four pieces to be stacked.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous, SILVA. Your colors are delicious,and I love the black grout.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you! I love all the glass I used. Most of it is that fabulous one-of-a-kind glass from Vancouver, WA from the glass factory that closed. Mixed in with that are pieces from this lovely lady (hospice nurse who helped with Mother) who is a dear friend. When she moved here, the movers broke some antique pieces and a chandelier and she gave the pieces to me. They are all curved, so they fit well on these curved pieces. Wherever you see the texture that looks like old-timey glass, it is from her chandelier. I grouted the other sections yesterday and grout-sealed tonight. Hopefully I can install the entire thing on Tuesday and post a photo. I am happy with the colors and the black grout is perfect.

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

OMG! This piece is beautiful. I have been off here while I healed from cataract surgery and I have missed a lot. I love this, did you do it all with silicone? It is perfect. You go gal, wonderful job. I can't wait to see it all put together.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

How Wonderful!!!! You have taken totems to a whole new level!!! I Gotta copy this baby!lol!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Done!

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

• ans_garden
    14 years ago

This is so great & inventive - I keep looking at it. I love the overall shape too. How tall is it?

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you! It is about five feet tall.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! I love your TX Ranch home too. I so loved traveling through the Hill Country when my DH and I lived in Round Rock. Wonderful part of TX.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH