Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaded Glass from Old Windows

Posted by SK97232 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 13:33

Earlier this year my husband and in finished making 10 leaded glass panels for our 1912 Craftsman home. There were some existing panels when we bought the house, but about half of them were broken, so we decided to make a slightly fancier, but still period design.

The best part, I think, is that but for the leading and the beveled glass squares, they were made from old wavy glass windows!

This was our first leaded glass project and we're really happy with how they turned out. And now we're looking around the house trying to figure out what else we can make. =)

Here is a link that might be useful: Laurelhurst Craftsman

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaded Glass from Old Windows

This turned out Beautiful.The old wavy glass is so cool. I have not learned how to do this yet but I did buy out a stained glass artist of all his tools so some day when I get the courage I am going to give it a try. He had lots of bevels and maybe I should just try foiling a few and putting them together to see how it goes. AFTER I finish project 190473-22 on my list of mosaics.

o

SK, your windows turned out beautifully. I just spent an interesting half-hour or so reading your blog. Lovely! I love your views on living thrifty and y'all are doing a wonderfull job on that house.

o

You did a beautiful job! I have the exact same china cabinet in my dining room , but only one set. All the woodwork matches ,too . This house was made in 1920 ,and it's all original . Having these old doors show such character in a house . I love yours !!

o

Your house is beautiful! I grew up in Southwest Portland then Hillsboro. If I could ever be coaxed away from sunny California, it would be for a bungalow in Southeast Portland. Such a beautiful area. You've done an amazing job on your home and your glass project looks like a professional did it for you. Great job!

o

GOOD HEAVENS!!!!!!!!!! That's an absolutely fabulous, professional job. Wooooooooooweeeee - what a project. Congratulations - take a deep bow.

o

WOW!!!! very pretty!!!

o

It always amazes me how much hard work and time people take to restore historical homes. Yours is fantastic. Congratulations on your lovely home and being on the tour! Susan

o

Kudos to You and Hubby!!! What a great job and Blog too!! Those lampwork beads are Gorgeous!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here