Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamasusanna

'Fluidity'

bamasusanna
15 years ago

Just finished in time to submit for my first Georgia show!

20" on mdf.

Comments (20)

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

You've gone beyond dawg snot now! I love everything about this! You really are an amazing artist! Good luck at your show tonight!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

WOW.... Bama what can be said? you sure know how to make an intro! its truely fabulous and I think that you don't have to regret hold Bean back from the show with this entry! congrats

• meadel
    15 years ago

This is fabulous Bama ! I just everything about it !

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Congrats on your show. I didn't realize that you had gone pro? Where have I been?

• katishooked
    15 years ago

this is such a fantastic piece. Be proud of what you have done.

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

That is so cool I just love it .Great job.

• terikat_mom
    15 years ago

Wow!!! Bama, this is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I love it.
    You're an inspiration. Good luck at your show.

• silvamae
    15 years ago

That is - - fantastic. Beautiful! Love the colors and the flow. Wow.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

BAMA, BAMA, BAMA. FLAG said it - you've gone pro on us, and like NT said - what can be said for a piece such as this? Don't know where to start. Nice to be able to say "I knew her when she wasn't famous". Now tell us what inspired you, and how you proceeded to this beautiful finish. How did you finish the edge, and did you put a hanger on it, or is it a table top? Memory is bad - is this for a gallery showing?

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pro? What does that mean? I'm just doin' my thing and want to share with folks. ;-)
    I started this piece after I found out that anything submitted for this show HAD to be for sale. The cat I was working on was supposed to be in this, but I didn't want to take the risk of it selling. My husband said "That cat ain't goin' nowhere!!". So I had to start something else quick!!
    A few weeks ago we had been to a craft fair in Savannah.
    There was an artist there selling her handmade glass bead earrings and necklaces.DH couldn't get over how beautiful they were, so he bought me a set. My design was inspired from the necklace.
    Just so happens I had bought the mdf piece from a goodwill store when we lived in NC. It used to be a table top, but didn't have the legs anymore.
    So that's how it began.
    I just grouted the edges, painted the back and attached my hanging wire. I was in a big hurry yesterday to get it finished and I didn't take any photo's of the side or back, but now wish I had.
    I'm going to the gallery today to help get the mailing ready. I'll take some photo's then.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Another Bama super spectacular!!!

Question. How did you grout the sides?? I can never get grout to stick to plain mdf without some tess..

Glad you had a fantastic showing!!!

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

It's wonderful! Best of luck to you.

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks yall!
    When I do a mosaic, I never mosaic to the edge, I'll leave about 1/8". When I grout the sides, I kinda scrub it in, and then round it up that 1/8" to create a rounded edge.

• roseandfox
    15 years ago

Another OH WOW! You picked the perfect name, love the flowing shapes and colors, but the flawless finish really knocked me out. Best of luck with the show!!!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Yes Mam we knew you when is right...Bama your newer pieces are true artist quality,not that you weren't before but these last two are really amazing.I am so proud of you and you have moved to a great place to become FAMOUS!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Foxrosefl pretty well covered what I was going to say!! It is a very "fluid" piece & I would think everyone who sees it will want it!! Good Luck!! Jan

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well yall, the show went ok. Not very many people came because of bad weather, but I made some good contacts.
    Another gallery owner wants to exhibit my work! And one of the other artist I had met earlier in the week had told a gallery owner in a nearby town about me. She visited my website, liked what she saw and wants me to contact her about showing in her gallery and teaching a class!
    Of course this is all good news, but I have got to get busy making some new pieces!
    Click on the photo to see bigger.If ya squint you can see my two pieces in the window!

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!awesome.. you do very good and pro work... I sure would like to see the Cat the your hubby said NO to.. It must be something too..Thanks for sharing..Good Luck
    Huggy

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Awesome for you Bama!!! There is just so much talent on this forum!!! I'm so in love with the butterfly still!! Maybe you should think about escaping to Puerto Vallarta in Feb!!??? Hang with us "Unworthies"! LOL!

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks yall! Huggy, this is the cat that my husband wants to keep.

Jane, I for sure can't swing PV this year! I've signed up to take a mosaic portrait class January in Charlotte,NC, and I'm going to San Diego, CA in March for SAMA! Hubby would blow a gasket if I even mentioned Mexico!!!

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms