Go to my blog to see all five.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

Comments (12)

• nicethyme
    10 years ago

oooh Silva, that is really cool

• meadel
    10 years ago

They're so beautiful. I'm sure they put the flowers to shame :-)

• julie10059
    10 years ago

Lovely!

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

Very pretty! Stocking up for another open house sale?

• silvamae
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, it's Wednesday, day after tomorrow, just a little Christmas bazaar at a church, and it only last 1.5 hours, so it's not a big one. It's at the Great Hills Baptist Church on Jollyville Road in Austin, from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. After that, what doesn't sell will go on Etsy.

Thank you for your feedback, all.

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

Good luck at your show!

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

Those are amazing. Hope you have a great sale.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, all. I've been busy all day, last minute grouting, packing, and pricing. I hate pricing the most. Finally decided to take a break and check my favorite sites on the internet. I will let y'all know how it turned out.

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

How did your show go Silva?

• silvamae
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It was a waste of time and effort! Except, it helped me get organized and everything priced and packed, and it was fun being with my friend Annii. There wasn't much interest or traffic either. It being on a Wednesday and only 1.5 hours long was a big part of it. Anyway, one of my friends came along near the end and bought $150 worth of garden stones! Otherwise I would have been completely skunked!

The church itself is amazing. Several huge 2-story buildings, very posh. However, the elevators were out and I had to lug my heavy heavy mosaic stash up two flights of stairs. Really got a workout!

So, thanks for asking! I am selling stones at a local garden center and on Etsy (just sold two little birds last week) and a lady at the show yesterday gave me an idea. Although I had a large sign explaining they were garden stones and appropriate for outdoor use, etc., no one read it, and one woman picked one up and said, Humph. How are you supposed to hang it? So I guess these could be hung on the wall by using plate hangers. I will add that to my description.

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

Wednesday seems like it was a weird day to have it in the first place but glad your friend came by and lightened the load so you didn't have to lug everything back down the stairs! I think I probably would have been lucky to make one trip up those stairs...did you at least sell that one that was really, really heavy?

• silvamae
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Haha, how did you know? Yes! I sold the heaviest stone, one with a white cross on it.

Sponsored