Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about gog

Posted by cajunlady68 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 11, 09 at 10:14

My mom wants me to do a backsplash behind her stove. If you do gog can the actual mosaic be behind the glass? She is concerned with food and grease on the mosaic being hard to clean. I was thinking about putting the solid sheet of glas on top. Is this okay to do or will the adhesive show through?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about gog

I would say yes the adhesive would show. But once the mosaic is completed and cured, you can put a sealer on it and then its no problem at all to wipe down. Very easy to care for. Maybe some of the more experienced ladies will chime in too with their knowledge.

Donna in Florida

o

That sounds like the best thing to do Donna.

o

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to think of something else.

o

I did mosaic tiles for my whole backsplash and behind the stove. It's really no problem to keep clean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here